Holy Bible

This book reveals the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveller's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here, too, heaven is opened, ans the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgement, and be remembered forever. It involves highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labour, and condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Owned, it is riches; studied, it is wisdom; trusted, it is salvation; loved, it is character; and obeyed, it is power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copied from the Gideon-placed Bible (New American Standard Bible)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name Exodus means "departure," and refers to the most important event in Israel's history, which is described in this book - the departure of the people of Israel from Egypt, where they had been slaves. The book has four main parts:

1) the freeing of the Hebrews from slavery;

2) their journey to Mount Sinai;

3) God's covenant with His people at Sinai, which gave them moral, civil, and religious laws to live by; and

4) the building and furnishing of a place of worship for Israel, and laws regarding the priests and the worship of God.

Above all, this book describes what God did, as He liberated His enslaved people and formed them into a nation with hope for the future.

The central human figure in the book is Moses, the man whom God chose to lead His people from Egypt. The most widely known part of the book is the list of the Ten Commandments in chapter 20.

~~~~~~~~~~

Outline of Contents

The Israelites set free from Egypt (1:1-15:21)

a. Slaves in Egypt (1:1-1:22)

b. Moses' birth and early life (2:1-4:31)

c. Moses and Aaron confront the king of Egypt (5:1-11:10)

d. The Passover and the departure from Egypt (12:1-15:21)

From the Red Sea to Mount Sinai (15:22-18:27)

The Law and the covenant (19:1-24:18)

The Sacred Tent and instructions for worship (25:1-40:38)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copied from the Good News Bible

NOTE: I will copy the gospels in the GOOD NEWS BIBLE