Exodus 6:14-6:27 (The Family Record of Moses and Aaron)

6:14    Reuben, Jacob’s first-born, had four sons: Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi; they were the ancestors of the clans that bear their names.

6:15    Simeon had six sons: Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jachin, Zohar, and Shaul, the son of the Canaanite woman; they were the ancestors of the clans that bear their names.

6:16    Levi had three sons: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari; they were the ancestors of the clans that bear their names, Levi lived 137 years .

6:17    Gershon had two sons; Libni and Shimei, and they had many descendants.

6:18    Kohath had four sons: Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel. Kohath lived 133 years.

6:19    Merari had two sons: Mahli and Mushi. These are the clans of Levi with their descendants.

6:20    Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived 137 years.

6:21    Izhar had three sons: Korah, Nepheg, and Zichri.

6:22    Uzziel also had three sons: MIshael, Elzaphan, and Sithri.

6:23    Aaron married Elisheba, the daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nashon; she bore him Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.

6:24    Korah had three sons: Assir, Elkanah, and Abiasaph; theywere the ancestors of the divisions of the clan of Korah.

6:25    Eleazar, Aaron’s sons, married one of Putiel’s daughters, who bore him Phinehas. These were the heads of the families and the clans of the tribe of Levi.

6:26    Aaron and Moses were the ones to whom the LORD said, “Lead the tribes of Israel out of Egypt.”

6:27    They were the men who told the king of Egypt to free the Israelites.