1

A light breeze showered the thick air of Crown City. The giant Fireball in the sky scorched the ground, water sizzling as it started to seep into the brittle and dry grounds. Within a large junkyard planted on the outside of the city, two humans leaned back in a lounge chair comfortably under the shade above them.

The two humans relaxed, leaning back as they soaked in the maintaining silence. Russel, the youngest human rose to his feet, raising an eyebrow.

"Dad? It's been really quiet..." He uttered suspiciously. "Soak in that silence, it won't last for lo-" Denny,  the father,  was cut off by an angry and slightly pained scream.

"STRONGARM!"

"Well I feel better now," Russel muttered and rub his eye with his index finger. Grimlock absconded aggressively into view of the two humans.

"I heard screaming, is something wrong? Can I punch somethin'?" Grimlock frantically queried in his Dinobot mode. He had jumped around, shaking and causing a commotion.

"Grimlock, st-stop ju-jumping!" Denny had yelled shakily up at the Dinobot. Rusty sighed and scratched his head as he heard more shrieking. The curious boy suddenly busted out in laughter as he saw Sideswipe was on one knee while Strongarm was tugging his arm behind his back.

"Hah, what did Sideswipe do now?" He laughed and clutched his stomach. "Why do you assume it's me!?" Sideswipe growled angrily and shrieked as Strongarm tugged more. Strongarm narrowed her blue optics and pursed her lips.

"You said that you could beat me in a battle, Sideswipe!"

"You cheated though!"

"I did not!"

"Did too!"

Russel constricted his view amongst the multiple colorful fridges then back to Them. "Strongarm, do you know when Drift and Bee will be back from the scouting mission?" Russel asked, trying to get them to stop fighting.

"They'll be back soon, I don't know when. They would probably be here a little bit sooner if they took me with them!" Strongarm said, slightly complaining at the end. Sideswipe plastered a deep frown on his faceplate.

Russel twitched slightly when he heard the creaking of the doors rising to let vehicles in, specifically Team Bee. The two robotic teenagers stopped battling and ran to the front entrance.

Fixit, the minicon, rolled down from his station in the crashed Alchemor to greet the two. The black and yellow sports car transposed to his Bi pedal mode, carefully holding a golden sphere in his servos. Drift had done the same, a new scar across his shoulder.

"Woah, what's that?" Russel eagerly asked, receiving a shrug from Bee. Rusty's eyes narrowed as he disapproved of that answer. "Whatever it is, Steeljaw and his gang surely did want it," Bee reported studying the sphere.

Denny pulled Russel away protectively, Rusty scowling as he was dragged across. It seemed to be inactive. Fresh and new. Untouched by 'bot or man.

"Steeljaw is probably on his way to take this and place it somewhere where it wouldn't be so conspicuous." Bee sighed, dragging a servo across his face plate directing his message towards Sideswipe and Strongarm.

Strongarm carefully took it, narrowing her bright blue opticd before pivoting on her heel. Sideswipe scowled folding his arms as he followed the officer. "Come on! Your taking forever to get it to the command center!" Sideswipe groaned, The femme ignoring his annoying shouting.

"Just give it to me, we can get this done a lot faster," The crimson Autobot pleaded with impatience. "We have to do this carefully! We don't know what it's been capable of!" Storngarm protested narrowing her cyan blue optics.

Sideswipe grasped the relic roughly, Strongarm's servo starting to slip along the gold plating of the relic. "Sideswipe!" The femme growled tugging at the relic as it had shifted back and forth.

Suddenly, a loud hiss escaped the relic, turning counterclockwise as it spun, revealing an Axel within the innermost. Strongarm scowled compressing Force within her servos as she tried to close it back. The cylinder Had locked its gears, Energon seeping through the shafts, the sphere illuminating.

"Is that thing activated?"

"What do you think?"

Sideswipe shrugged, the illumination starting to expand, Their bright blue optics slowly facing from view, thick fog concealing them. The cylinder had spun close, the hissing decreasing sound as it shut closed and locked but dropped onto the ground.

***
Thirty minutes later...

Grimlock stomped in, scratching his helm as he was searching for the two teens. Suddenly he heard an audio receptor shattering scream. He flinched once he saw a small red mech apprehensively running away from a blue gem 'bot.

"YOUW UNDEW AWEST!" She shouted  jumping onto the mechanic and cuffing him. Grimlock optics widened blinking a couple of times.

"Oh. There you guys are..."