Four

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon and Alyssa doesn't have any hospital duties today. It's just three weeks before her finals and she seem bothered by her and Dennise's lack of communication. It has been days and all of Alyssa's efforts to start a conversation with Dennise crawls back to its shell. She went to the one person she knows that could help her. 

"Mads, help me naman." Alyssa said while playing with the calla lily in Maddie's flower shop. 

"With what?"

"Dennise is still not talking to me."

"Bakit, kinausap mo na ba?"

"Wala."

"Eh anong nirereklamo mo jan?"

"Hindi ko alam pano magsisimula."

Maddie rolled her eyes.

"What should I do Mads?"

"Kausapin mo."

"Nahihiya ako."

"Bahala ka nga jan." Maddie walked away.

"Mads, just help me out."

"Alam mo Ly. Marami pa kayong pagdadaaanan nang roommate mo. Better settle things now. Sabi mo nga na probably soon magkamag-anak na kayo di ba?"

"Where do I start?"

"hmmmm" Maddie was thinking, "Bring her flowers na lang kaya."

"Flowers? Daya mo. Benefit ka rin eh."

"Of course. Practical na tayo ngayon. So, are you bringing her flowers or not? I'll prepare something for you if you would."

"Sobrang cheesy naman ata nun."

"Eh paano ba sinusuyo ang babae?"

"By being sweet?"

"Exactly." Maddie said and arranged a bouquet for Dennise.

//

 Alyssa arrived at their condominium that afternoon with a bouquet on her left hand, a sling bag hung loosely on her body and a bag of groceries on her right hand. Tonight she decided to make her special pork adobo as peace offering for Den. She did not know when her roommate's shift will end but she is pretty sure she'll be back tonight for dinner. Alyssa arranged the table as she would personally like it to be. Plain and simple. She decided to take a bath after everything's all set. It was past 8:00pm and Alyssa was still at the sofa practicing her speech for when Dennise comes inside the room. She seem to be tired that she decided to take a nap instead.

It was about half past nine when Dennise opened the condo's door. She was wearing her scrub suit and she feels so exhausted. The smell of food wafted her senses and she immediately felt hungry and went to the kitchen. She was about to go straight to the dining table when she noticed Alyssa sleeping in the couch. She went close to the girl inspecting her closely.

"Ba't ba dito natulog to?" looking at Alyssa, her hands on her waist.

Alyssa was sleeping in the sofa uncomfortably, her legs hanging on the other side of the cushion since she's too tall for it. Her hair slightly covering her face, hands clasped together. She sleeps as if she's praying. That's the first thing Dennise have noticed.

Dennise looked closely at Alyssa and tried to brush off the hair from her face, "Maganda ka naman pala." Dennise said while unconsciously smiling, she looked at Alyssa's pouting lips. It interested her in someway she cannot understand. She shrugged it off knowing that that's not the type of person that she is, "Bastos lang." she backfired her thoughts. "Paano ba kayo naging magpinsan ni LA eh ang bait bait niya." she said and immediately stood up walking her way to the kitchen.