Five

"Den, introduce me to her. Sige na. Last day niya na dito oh. Magrereview na yan for her finals." Ella said while pulling Dennise's coat. They're now in the nurses' station in the surgery ward.

"Ella, I told you. We are not friends." and as Dennise said that Ella's eyes went wide because Alyssa was already in front of them.

"Doctor Lazaro?"

Dennise's eyes went wide as she slowly turned around trying to maintain her composure. The interaction surprised her. "Yes?"

"I left my key card kasi sa condo. What time will your shift end ba?"

Dennise rolled her eyes, "around 7pm tapos na ako."

"Okay great. I'll wait for you na lang. I'll finish mine at 6pm. Will that be okay?"

"You can have my key card para di ka na maghintay."

"No it's okay. Para rin may kasabay na ako maglakad."

*coughs* they both heard Ella cough from behind and Dennise glared at her for her actions. Ella just smiled.

"Oh yea. Alyssa, I would like you to meet my friend Ella De Jesus. Ella, this is Alyssa Valdez." 

Ella smiled offering her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Alyssa smiled, showed off her dimples and took Ella's handshake. Dennise can't help but stare at Alyssa. This is the first time that she actually saw her smile, the first thing she noticed were her distinct dimples and the folds just above her cheek when she smiles.

"Alyssa, where are you from nga?" Ella asked waking Dennise from her terrain of thoughts.

"My home town?"

"Yes."

"Uhhhm. It's somewhere down south."

"So you are not from the metro?"

"No."

"Oh. How are you related to the DOH regional director of Regio--"

"a--ahm I have to go Doctors. Still got a patient to attend to. I'm sorry."

"o-kaaay." Ella said.

"Nice to meet you Dr. De Jesus." she smiled at Ella. "Dr. Lazaro, I'll wait for you ah." and Alyssa went off.

"Weird naman nun." Dennise said eyeing Alyssa as she went off.

"Baka busy lang. Alam mo naman hardworking yun." 

Dennise have her thoughts running around. "Maybe." was all she said.

//

It was past 6pm and Dennise and Ella are already at the Resident's lounge to start preparing for their off and to finally call it a day. Dennise already saw Alyssa outside of the lounge sitting at the chairs waiting for her.

"Tingin mo ba may boyfriend na yun si Valdez?" Ella broke the silence as she was taking her scrub suit off. 

"I don't think so." Dennise said while putting on her pants.

"How did you know?"

"Kasi she told me once na she never dated anyone pa."

"Oh talaga? Di ako naniniwala. Eh baka girlfriend meron."

Dennise paused, "I actually overheard her talking with someone on the phone. Someone named Maddie popped up. The word 'jealous' and 'I love you"

"Oh really? Sad naman taken na pala."