DC

"Gentlemen. Have a seat." Fury said as everyone walked into the conference room. I stayed standing. Steve, Sam, Banner, and Tony were all present. Natasha and Clint walked into the room a few seconds later. "Agent Romero has something to tell all of you."

"Actually, Director Fury. You know as much about this as I do. I honestly have no idea how it works of anything-"

"Don't talk back, Romero." Fury snapped.

"I have the ability to create an electric current." I showed them the electric blue light on my hands, before making it disappear.

"And? How does this concern me?" Tony asked.

"Go on, Romero." Fury said.

"I can make the electric current because I got the powers from the tesseract." I replied quietly.

"The tesseract? I thought you had that thing taken to Asgard, Fury?" Clint said.

"I did. Care to explain anything, Romero?" Fury asked.

"Four years ago, while you were hunting down Loki and Thanos, I was kidnapped. Thanos experimented on me using the tesseract. I was the only one out of hundreds that lived. And don't ask me why. That's just what happened. Thanos tried to recreate different types of things, like me, but they all ended up dead."

"Did you join SHIELD to spy on us for Loki and Thanos?" Fury demanded.

"No, sir. I joined SHIELD because I trained for three years before that."

"And. Why am I here?" Tony asked.

"I want Dr. Banner and you to figure out what kind of readings and how much power is in her." Fury ordered before leaving.

"You never told anyone, Brooklyn?" Steve asked quietly. I shook my head. He just nodded.

"Come on down to the lab, Brooke." Banner said. I followed him and Tony to their lab.

Within the next twenty minutes, I was stripped down to a bra and yoga pants while they worked around me. I held my arms out, letting Banner run a thing over my skin.

"Where's the power coming from, Brucey?" Tony asked, messing with a computer.

"Her heart. It must've all gathered there." Banner put the wand thing down. "You can put your clothes back on, Brooklyn."

"Damn, Bruce. I never thought I'd hear you tell a girl that." Tony laughed. I slipped on a hoodie and crossed my arms as. Fury walked in, with the others behind him.

"Where's the tesseract located, Dr. Banner?" Fury asked.

"Uh. Her heart, sir." Banner replied.

"Is there any way we can remove it?" Natasha asked.

"Not without potentially killing her." Banner shook his head. Fury looked to me, probably wondering if I was willing to basically commit suicide so they could remove the tesseract from me.

"No." Steve replied before I could. "No. She hasn't done any damage with it in her, Fury."

"I'll see what all I can do to get it out of her. Even if it does call for her loss." Fury muttered. "As for now, you'll all be staying in the Stark Tower." As everyone was getting ready to leave, I picked up my duffle bag and threw it over my shoulder. Steve was standing in the doorway, watching me. I looked up to meet his blue crystal eyes. He shook his head and left.

"Agent Wilson?" I walked over to him.

"Yeah?" He turned to me.

"Did I do something to make Captain Rogers mad at me?" I asked.

"Honestly, he likes you, Brooklyn. Or he did. He trusted you with his life. There's only a few he trusts. You were one of them. But I think you messed that up when you didn't tell him about this."

"But how would that upset him?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ol' Steve has trust issues as it is. He told me he only told you and myself about Peggy. He doesn't like to talk about her, but he trusted you, Brooklyn. I didn't tell you that he liked you, by the way." Sam patted my shoulder before leaving. Steve liked me?