Telling Him

I jumped when I heard the front door open. It couldn't be Steve. He wasn't coming home for another two days. I took silent, quick steps from the back bedroom, towards the kitchen. I walked down the hallway, but I didn't see anyone in the kitchen. I took my pistol out of the drawer in the kitchen and put four bullets into it before walking towards the living room.

My heart was racing. I held it up as I came around the corner.

"Whoa! What the hell, Brooklyn!" Bucky yelled, taking a step back when I held the pistol to him. I put the gun down and put a hand on my belly.

"Damn it, Barnes! You should give me a warning next time or I'll shoot you without hesitation." I snapped and went to the kitchen to put the pistol back.

"What's wrong, Brooke?" Bucky asked, following me to the kitchen.

"Nothing, why?" I turned to face him, leaning against the counter behind me.

"You held your belly when-" He stopped mid sentence. "Oh my god. You're pregnant." Hell.

"What? No. Of course not, James." I shook my head.

"I told Steve you were getting a little round." I raised an eyebrow when he said that. "Well, it wasn't that bad."

"If you tell anyone, Barnes, I'm liable to cut off your hand." I walked pass him and went towards the bedroom.

"Got it. No telling people. How many know?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Only Natasha, Jane Foster, Darcy Lewis, Pepper Potts, and Dr. Banner." I sighed. Wow. That was a long list. And unfortunately, Steve wasn't at the top.

"Why did you tell them first and not Steve?"

"Because I didn't want him to worry about me while he's on those missions Fury put him on. And I kind of blurted it out when I was with Jane, Pepper, Natasha, and Darcy." I laid on the bed, bringing the covers over me.

I nervously chewed on my finger nail as I waited for Steve to return to me. I was sitting alone in the apartment, waiting for him at four in the morning. I struggled to stay up that late, but I managed it.

I had forced Bucky to leave so I could talk to Steve alone. I had accepted the fact that Steve and I would have a baby and I had grown to love it already. It was strange when I talked to myself but directed it towards the baby.

My heart skipped a beat when the front door opened quietly.

"Brooke? What're you doing up this early in the morning?" Steve asked, putting his bag down on the floor. I stood up and embraced him in a tight hug. He returned the gesture, putting his hands on the small of my back and pulling me inwards to his body.

"Steven!" I gasped, remembering the baby. "Stop it."

"Brooklyn?" Steve looked confused as I took a step back from him.

"I'm- I'm sorry I just... Steven." I looked down at my belly, but then back up into his eyes. "I'm pregnant, Steven."

"You're- you're having a baby....." His voice trailed off as he looked down at my belly.

"Mmhmm." I smiled. He bent down so he was level with my belly. Steve pulled my tank top up and kissed just above my belly button. He was going to be a great father. I could already tell. "Come on. We should be heading to bed." I put a hand on his shoulder. His soft, liquid blue eyes locked with mine as he stood up, now towering over me.

One of his soft hands caressed my cheek as our lips connected. I put my hand on the back of his neck, pulling his lips closer to mine.

Steve took my hand and led me to our bedroom.

"How far along are you?" He asked as he changed into a pair of basketball shorts.

"Banner said three months but I doubt I look it." I laid on my back. Steve laid on his side, his hand softly resting on my lower belly.

"Do you know whether its a boy of girl?"

"No, its probably too early in the pregnancy to see anything."

"When will it start to kick?"

"Oh, Steven." I took his hand and kissed the top of it. "Not until month four or five. Banner said that thinner girls, like myself, could start to feel a kick or punch around month four but most start at month five."

"I'm so excited." Steve smiled brightly.

"I am too." I giggled. There was a moment of silence between us. "You know, I was thinking earlier about a name and something that I know you'd like and I was thinking Carter." My eyes shifted up to his. "Like Peggy's last name, but for the baby if its a boy." I felt Steve's body stop breath when I said that. I didn't think his eyes could get any brighter. "And if its a girl, maybe her middle name could be Margaret, like her first name."

"That's a beautiful name." Steve whispered, kissing my temple. His eyes were watering when he looked back into my eyes.

"Steven, love, don't cry." I wiped one of his tears away with my thumb.

"I love you, Brooklyn." He put his face in my hair.

"I love you, Steven." I put my hand on too of his, which was the one in my belly, before closing my eyes.

Carter {Middle Name Here} Rogers.... {First Name Here} Margaret Rogers.

Okay so I woke up to those eleven comments this morning and I was so happy!! You guys are amazing!!

Can we reach ten again this time?

I'll update quicker...

<3 Kacey <3