Mind Tricks

I sat at the table with my hand over my mouth, half slouched in my seat. It was late evening and the sun was going down, all day I have been walking around the manor with my head in a fuzz. Bruce had tried talking to me but I would just push him away. I guess he gave up after a while because a few hours ago Alfred tried to talk to me but I just pardoned myself. I hear footsteps in the doorway as I think of many things.
"Are you coming out tonight?" Bruce asks scaring me by laying a hand on my shoulder.
I shake my head, "I don't feel up to it." Bruce leans in front of me.
"Chrissy, it's been a week since the party. Do you want to talk about what you saw?" Bruce asks, I stand up and look up at him.
"I saw Luke. Bruce I saw him die, and then I saw him last week. Once second he was there and the next he's gone." I feel my hands shake and Bruce takes them in his big warm hands.
"Chrissy, it's been a year. It's just stress. Your mind is playing tricks on you." I stay silent. "Let's go out tonight. I have to talk with an old friend."

"This is it?" I ask looking up the building. It's the police station.
"Yes, come on." Batman says as I look at the night sky. The Batman sign is lighting up the sky. I start to climb the building once I see Batman is gone.
"-all I got this week. Sorry if it's not any good." I reach the top and see Batman talking to and older man with glasses and a moustache. I stay in the shadow as the man talks to Batman about The Joker.
"I want you to meet someone Commissioner." Bruce says in his Batman voice. I glare at him as he turns to me. I step out of the shadow and into the light where the older man looks over at me. His eyes open wide and he smirks a little.
"You must be Blue Jay. The office has heard a lot about you in this past year."
"None bad lately I hope." I say smiling under my mask. I stand next to Batman and I groan in my head as I see how short I am.
"I'm Jim Gordon, I work at the police station. Sometimes I feel like a double agent, secretly handing classified information to him." Jim smiles and points to Batman. I nod my head and look at Batman.
"Out of the three of us she is the closest person that's been around The Joker." Gordon says putting his hands on his hips.
"How did you-"
"I told him." Batman says, I turn my head to him. I feel my anger built.
"It's been a year!" I snap at them. "I can't help you."
"If we use you as bait then maybe-"
"No, have you not seen all the death threats he has on my name?" I yell cutting Gordon off.
"Blue Jay." Batman says.
"No, I was supposed to kill you and I ran before the Joker did away with me."
"Blue Jay!" Batman starts to raise his voice.
"I am not getting involved with a mental clown!"
"BLUE JAY!"
"BATMAN!"
We stand there with our chest touching, our breaths are raging, and Gordon is standing back, awkwardly. I stare into his eyes as he does the same.
"Fine, do what you want. I'm not having part in this." I say turning away and jumping off the building.

I glide through the air and land into a building. I feel so angry with Bruce that I can't handle myself. I'm suddenly knocked off my feet by a figure. I fall into an alleyway and pull out my swords. It's gotten so dark in the alley that I can't see who has dropped from pushing me over.
"Batman?" I ask in a whisper. Then I am pushed into the wall and I grow angry.
"Bat's this isn't funny." I say pushing him off. Unexpectedly I am pulled into a kiss that I had before, was it Bruce? I couldn't tell and once he pulled away I blinked and he was gone. What the hell...

I enter the Bat cave and see Bruce standing arms crossed with his suit hung up behind him.
"What was that for?" Bruce stays how he is and glares at me.
I pull my mask off, "You wouldn't leave me alone." I say pushing past him.
"That plan will work." He yells as I walk away.
I whip around, "If you want me dead, yes!" I turn back around and start to take off my uniform.
"That's not what will happen, I promised you."
"Yeah well don't make a promise you can't keep." I say looking at him.
"Chrissy-"
"Oh yeah and pushing me in an alleyway and kissing me isn't an apology." I say walking to the elevator.
"What are you talking about?" Bruce asks walking towards me.
"Oh don't play dumb, you pushed me off the building, into an alleyway and kissed me." I say turning to him.
"Chrissy I didn't do that." Bruce stops and looks at me.
"Then who was it?" I ask feeling my heart drop.
"It felt so familiar. Like... Home." I say as Bruce stands next to me.
"Chrissy you need to get some sleep." Bruce then leads me to my room. "Ever since the party, you haven't slept much." He opens my door and I snap my head to him.
"Luke! Bruce it's was Luke he's alive." I say pulling away from him.
"Chrissy-"
"It's not mind tricks! If you didn't kiss me then it was Luke!" I feel breathless and my heart is beating in my ears.
"Chrissy! He's dead!" Bruce yells. I stop and turn to him, tears falling down my cheek.
"Go." My voice cracks, Bruce looks hurt.
"Listen Chrissy-"
"BRUCE!!" I yell as tears come flying out. "Just go..." I fall onto my bed as Bruce leaves the room. I cry into my pillow as the sweet bliss of sleep washes over me.