Loyalty 2

Hell's Punishment Loyalty 2

Soundless, peaceful, sleep. That was all John wanted after coming home. He had to go to school tomorrow and luckily he got permission from his parents (somehow) to miss a week of school. As he slept, he felt both a soft and cold presence. This presence didn't feel like two separate ones. More like, it was contained in a single body. He knew it wasn't Lucfi, because she always had a cold presence. He knew it wasn't Camiel, because she always had a warm presence. And finally, it wasn't Jofiel, because she only had a soft presence.

Yes, it's odd how he can remember the presences of the people around him, but this single soft and cold presence was unique. The soft presence told him that it loved him with all of its heart. The cold presence told him that it wanted to suck all the life out of him. He didn't bother to find out who this presence belonged to, because he didn't want to die. He already knew who this belonged to...

"Oh, honey... wake up..." a soft, yet deadly voice spoke into his ear. He still didn't dare to move. The presence around him acted more forcibly, making him nearly jolt out his bed.

"Ow, what the..." he turned to see the cold eyes of his crazed admirer, Mika.

"Did you have a wonderful sleep, my love?" she said with a terrorizing, cute smile.

"Um... hey, Mika... what are you doing here?" he said with a simple look, but inside he was scared out of his wits. "In my house..."

"Oh, nothing... just making sure you get to school on time."

"Seriously?"

"Of course! If you are to be my future husband, then I want you to be well-educated. Is there something wrong with that?" she stared at him with her beautiful eyes that would have distracted him from her killer smile if he hadn't seen it already.

"Well... not really, but why are holding a knife?" he noticed.

"No reason... no reason at all..." she kept her cute composure.

He figured she was angry at him for going off somewhere for nearly a week without informing her first. He didn't bother to ask since she was going to deny it anyway.

The next morning, John rose from his bed. This time, there was no presence near him at all. Taking this advantage, he quickly dressed himself for school. He walked into the living room, expecting a greeting from either Lucfi or the Archangels. Surprisingly, no one did.

"Heh, guess everybody else is still sleeping." This was around the time, Camiel would cook breakfast and John would give a petty excuse not to eat her cooking and take a slice of bread to eat along his way to school. Oddly, he actually wouldn't mind if she offered him something. Maybe it's because his angel powers were making him tolerable to her cooking or he gain an immunity to it.

Still, he took a slice and left to the front door. As he prepared to touch the doorknob, a knock sounded on the door.

"Huh? Who could this be at this time?" John asked himself. It was probably Mika making sure he was going to school. It wouldn't surprise him if it was her. He opened to door to found out he was wrong. Standing in front of him was his boss, Eve and a man holding her hand gladly. The man had wild black hair and brown eyes. He looked like he was about the same age as Eve and he wore similar clothes to her own.

"Good morning, John!" Eve greeted him.

"Um... good morning, Miss Eve. What brings you here?" John stared at the both of them.

"I would like to introduce you to my husband. John, this is Adam." she gestured to the man next to her.

"Good morning, newbie! Wow, my wife sure did pick a well-built worker, didn't she?" he spoke with a gentle tone and smile.