Forever

Gene walked back and forth in the wide open area of the cave, waiting impatiently for Sasha to complete the potion. The two of them, along with Zenix, had just barely convinced the victim to come with them to this location. If the others back home found out Gene's true intentions....

"Is it done yet!?" Gene demanded, not stopping his repeated pace.

"No, Gene." Sasha sighed in annoyance, trying to concentrate. "If you don't let me concentrate, then it will never get done.."

"I can't wait any longer!!" He growled, kicking a stone pebble. "If Zane wakes up before we can put the potion into effect..."

"He won't wake up." Zenix guaranteed, entering the opening of the cavern. "And even if he did, where can he go? He's locked up in a cell below ground."

"This is Zane we're talking about." Gene reminded the brunette, taking a moment to look at him. "I'm not sure how, but he has this way with good luck."

"Annnddddd....... DONE!!" Sasha announced, startling the other two Shadow Knights as she held a Forever Potion in her hands.

"Hand it over." Gene frowned, holding out his hands.

Sasha placed the potion in his hands, before taking a few steps back. Gene turned the Forever Potion in his hands, examining the glass bottle and emerald color that had a slight hint of red.

"If I give this Forever Potion to Zane..... it will make him love me again?" Gene asked her, continuing to examine the potion.

"Yes..." Sasha answered with a nod, but her expression showed concern. "Gene.... are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Of course I'm sure. Why wouldn't I be?" He responded, now looking at the vibrantly colored purple eyes of the female.

"I mean.... just think about it..." She mumbled, taking another step back.

"What is there to think about?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Well, for one, what if Zane's family finds out?" She asked with a shrug, even if she was growing afraid inside. "Second, if we get caught for doing this, that's prison for life or the death penalty. And then...."

"And then what?" He groaned, rolling his eyes as he grew tired of her complaints.

"The Forever Potion only takes ten minutes to become permanent..." She explained, raising an eyebrow st the older male.

"So? What's so bad about that?" He asked, now showing some interest in what she had to say.

"Once the Forever Potion is permanent, there's no using a counter potion or spell." She continued, a bit disappointed that Gene only showed interest in the potion.

"That's a good thing!" Gene laughed in a Yandere way, smiling just as a Yandere would.

Before one of the other two could speak, Gene ran out of the cavern and to the small cellar where they had locked Zane up.

Zane was asleep inside, curled into a ball on his side. Gene opened the cellar door, walking inside before closing it again. He knelt beside the sleeping goth, before placing a hand on his shoulder, shaking him slightly.

"Mmm....." Zane moaned, biting his lip softly as his body twitched a bit.

"Zane.... Zane, come on.... wake up..." Gene urged, shaking him a bit rougher than before.

"Five more.... minutes...." He groaned, rolling onto his other side.

"No. Wake up now." He begged, pushing down on his arm.

Zane's one eye weakly opened, before he shut it again. His arms wrapped around his stomach, as loud growling sounds were heard echoing off the walls.

"Is my little Kitty hungry?" Gene asked, running his hands through his hair.

"Y-Yes...." Zane whimpered, his stomach continuing to growl.

"I'll get you something to eat..." He told the paler figure, before standing up and leaving the cellar.

Gene went over to one of the boxes he and his fellow Shadow Knights had brought, and opened. He pulled out a loaf of bread before returning to the cellar.

He placed the loaf of bread in front of Zane, along with the Forever Potion. Zane immediately opened the bread and practically inhaled it, much to Gene's surprise. He hesitated with the potion, but Gene could tell he was desperate to drink something.

Zane uncapped the Forever Potion, before drinking it all in one big gulp. Gene watched with a straight face as Zane dropped the bottle, shaking furiously. His one visible eye went from the same blue as the daily sky.... to the bright, shining emerald green of the Forever Potion.

"Gene....." Zane whispered, looking at the older male with a blush. "I...."

"Sh...." Gene hushed, pulling the smaller male close to his chest. "I got you..."

Zane couldn't help but turn a deep red as he was taken into Gene's embrace. He locked eyes with him, teal blue meeting emerald green....

"Gene..... I love you....." Zane told him, hugging him tight.

"I love you too...." Gene whispered, returning the hug.

~~~~

About a week later, Zane and the Shadow Knights returned to Lover's Lane. By now, Zane's eye had returned to normal, which meant the Forever Potion's effects were permanent.

Zane and Gene arrived holding hands, before Gene had announced that he and Zane were going to get married.