The Engagement

Khushi POV
Oh DM there is so much stuff left to do. I hope Nanheji will help Arnavji get ready for the engagement without any fuss. I trust Nanheji but I cannot say the same thing for my dear Laad governer. He gets pretty stubborn when it comes to wearing Indian attire. Phewww. This is just the beginning future Mrs. Raizada be prepared for all his tantrums. I mentally patted my shoulder for courage.
I myself need to get ready soon. Its gonna take pretty long to look perfect. My thoughts were interrupted by the loud ringing of my phone. Oh wow...its Karanji. After our train journey we only texted one another a few times. But I called him last night. He is a very important guest. How will one Gupta marry without the other. I laughed remembering his words.

"Hello Karanji. How are you? I hope so you wont have any trouble finding the venue. By when can you arrive?" I asked in excitement.

"Hey there Khushi. I am fine. And chillax, the location is pretty easy to find. By the way you sound pretty excited. All to set to marry huh...Gupta?" It seems everyone was taking pleasure in teasing me today. Are my in-laws not enough for this task. I cannot stop blushing as it is.

"Yeah ofcourse. You too tease me. I am tired of everyone making me all red. And this is the first function. Whats gonna happen by the wedding day?!? You are on my side Karanji. You are not allowed to tease me." I argued.

"Ok dear. Alright. I promise to defend your honour till your wedding. Gupta-wala promise."

"Hahaha. Exactly. Come soon okay Karanji. I have to introduce you to my entire family." With that I cut the call.

I found another text on my phone. Reena Chachi was on her way with his son. His sickness is now much better.
Khushi Kumari Gupta, time to get ready. Rush now. I practically ran to the bathroom with these thoughts.

Arnav POV
"No ways NK. Dont expect me to wear anything like that. My black suit is perfectly alright." I muttered yet again to my psycho of a brother.
"Oh come on Nannav, my brother listen to me for once. And this is the perfect Indian outfit for such occasions. You are from fashion industry, dont you know this is the latest fashion these days huh." NK repeated like a broken record.
I started to remove my black piece from the almirah when NK's words made me stop.
"Fine Nannav as you wish. Poor Khushiji. She will feel so sad. She so wanted you to wear this Sherwani. Fine. I should have known you wont agree. But what a fool am I. I told Khushiji that Nannav loves you alot and will wear this outfit without any arguements." He sighed dramatically.

Oh no. I should have known. Khushi wants to see me in these clothes. Just like I chose her Lehenga for today's function. No I wont disappoint her ever again.
"Bring me the Sherwani NK." Be ready to be surprised soon to be Raizada.

After an hour I joined everyone downstairs. Di was bouncing in the hall with happiness and NK, Akash and Mami were no less. Even though I did not like these rituals and customs, still today I wanted the world to know that Khushi will be mine soon. In the next moment, the time stopped. All the chit chatter of the guests disappeared. Because there stood Khushi, on the top of the stairs. Making her way down towards me. Like a peacock in blue and green. So beautiful.
Reena Chachi, Preeto and Payal were bringing her down.
I had met Reena Chachi when she arrived. Another pure soul. Who took care of Khushi when I couldnt. She had blessed me with so much love. Some relations might not be bonded through blood, still they are stronger than the blood ones.

"Will you keep staring at your future wife Chotte? Or are we allowed to start the engagement?" Everyone laughed. While Khushi and me blushed. My eagerness to make her mine knew no bounds today.