life's not fair

Ta-da welcome back, lovelies...my semester has started...its been hovac... it's so hot...anyway by the end of chapter I want to ask something from you so please stay tuned....

Alishba pov:

I stared at my reflection and nodded to myself giving an okay. It's been a week since Rameez asked me about the function and today's the day. I mean night. Anyway, I put on my gold heels that complemented my black gown. The gown was full black chiffon with embedded lace covering it. The waist held a gold belt securing along my waist giving it an elegant finish. I paired it with black and gold hijab and a light makeup. Because I was too tired and laazy. Last week has been so hectic, I couldn't get enough sleep. If onky I could say no to Rameez, but knowing him he would've dragged me.

"Mommy, why can't I go?" Laila asked coming beside me looking in the mirror. I hate to leave her but I know functions like this go on long and she had school tomorrow. "Baby, I'm sorry, but you had school tomorrow. And beside grandpa Aziz is on his way. He'll be with you." Her frown turned into a grin as she jumped up and down. "Really, gran Aziz, will be here." I nodded and smiled just as the bell rang.

Opening it I smile as gran pulled into a hug. Did I mention he was my mother dad. Yeah, and guess how I found out. When I gave birth to Laila, he came to my house suddenly after disappearing for two months. Grandpa and dad was there and they into argument, well since they were too old to break each other bones. Anyways, then I found out thatt all this time I was living with my grandpa. I was mad and hurt, he never told me. But seeing the poor guy cry whenever he came to visit me, I couldn't stop. He told me he had forgiven my mom when he found out she gave birth and wanted to amend their relation. But mom and dad hid somewhere else. He just wanted to talk to her but she died and it was too late. Both of us had cried for our loss that night and after that things began to get better.

"You're here, gran. Come in. What would you like?" I made my way to kitchen and he followed, "water will do for now. You go enjoy. I'll spend some time with my granddaughter." I smiled and kissed his cheek and called Laila. "Laila, gran is here. Come down." I fetched water for gran and rolled my eyes with a smile as I heard Laila squeal, probably because gran was tickling her. Going out of the kitchen I gave gran water with a smile as I kissed laila's head.

The bell rang just as I was about to text Rameez. Opening the door, I ushered Rameez in. Gran was on tge couch with Laila who was showing him her new paintings. I picked up my bag and keys and went to them. "Gran, Laila must me in bed by 10." He nodded absentmindedly and I groan. They were busy without a care in the world. "GRAAANN." I shouted which caught there attention but made me looked like idiot as Rameez started laughing.

"What happened, Ali? Why are you screaming? And why are you still jere?" Gran asked innocently. Rolling my eyes I put my hands on hips. "I was saying something. Laila must be in bed by 10. The dinner is ready, you just have to heat it. Make sure to give her milk before sleeping. And NO extra sweets and cookies." I said and took a deep breath. "If you forgot, this isn't my first time. You can go and loosen up. It's all set here." Gran grinned as he pulled Laila closer and shooed us out. I quickly kissed Laila's head aand followed Rameez. Reaching the door I stopped and hurried back to gran, "And gran, DONOT forget to make sure she brushes her teeth." I rolled my eyes as I heard a series of Okay.

Once in the car, Rameez drove to our destination. "You never told me what kind of event is it." I asked him. He rolled his eyes and gave me a side glance. "Curious much, it's a charity show my friend is hosting." I nodded and waited as we reached our destination. The drive was not thatt long and now we were standing in front of the grand venue. Seriously, it was made to impress. The entrance was grand and I'm sure the interior would be too. We made our way in and were surrounded by our business partners.