Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Cory's POV

"You alright man?" Zayn asks, breaking me out of my trance.

"Fine. I just had a rough nights sleep is all," I say in a groggy tone.

"Sorry. I'm just angry that Harry hasn't shown up yet. He had it bad last time he skipped out on one of our meetings," Zayn rants.

"Yeah we have to get this stuff for 'You and I' finished," I mention.

"Well I guess we can do Liam's remix for today," Zayn sighs.

"Too bad we can't just finish this already. Harry has been pushing this out.." I reply.

"I'll go get Liam. You take a break if you need it man," Zayn informs me with a smile.

Louis, Niall, and Liam had made their way downstairs to grab something to eat. I don't blame them, we have been waiting ages for Harry to show up. If I were to be honest I was kind of glad that he didn't. It wasn't his fault that he didn't know about Taylor and I. But I was jealous because it was enevitable that Taylor would choose Harry. He kept her grounded in a different way and I couldn't be the one in the way of her real desires. I sigh one more time and then I hear the door click open. I look up to see Taylor.

"Hey," She tells me softly and then takes the chair Zayn had been in only moments before.

"Hey," I croak.

"I came to apologize for yesterday. I didn't mean to bombard you yesterday with the Harry situation,' She explains.

"I should have known this was too good to be true," I retort more to myself, but she could obviously hear me in this almost silent room.

"I'm so sorry. I know apologies never really fix anything but..." She begins but I stop her. 

"It's alright. I know you love him," was my answer. 

"I really do, but I thought at the time that if I could give you the chance then maybe I could finally love someone else," She tells me as she picks at the thread on her dress. 

"I don't know what else to say," I then stand up with my words. 

"I don't either. I thought I could fix my love life. But it always ends up back at Harry," She sounded frustrated. 

"You say that like it's a bad thing," I say with a small laugh of disbelief. 

"It's not.." She sounded offended.

"I didn't mean it like that. You just sound unsure," I clarify.

"I love him probably more than anything on this Earth. But it's hard to trust him. I want to be able to start a life with someone who I know is good for me. Dependable. Harry is not that. I just wanted to find stability, but I found Harry again," She explains.

"Are you happy?" I question.

"Yes," She sounded for sure.

"Sorry I'll never be him as dramatic as that sounds. But he knows the ins and outs of you," I reply.

"I know and maybe that's why I am suppose to be with him," She claims.

"I don't want to convince you otherwise if you're sure but I want you to know that you're sure. I want you to be happy Taylor. In romance movies that always sounds douchy because that person isn't truly saying that. I want you to be happy because I lo- like you a lot," I say as calmly as possible.

"I think we should go somewhere and talk. Away from here. Just talk," She suggests.

"we can go walk on the beach. The coast isn't too bad," I mention.

______________________________________

"That one is one of my favorites,' She says as she strolls down the beach the guitar across her torso. She had just played me 'Fearless'.

"That was beautiful," I reply.

"My life is just one big song. That's what I would like to think anway,' she tells me with a shrug.

"where is Harry?" I ask her.

"He went to take care of something. he said not to tell anyone what it is," She says as she lightly strums her guitar.

Zayn had encouraged me to go. He said that I looked miserable and that Liam could handle it from here. Taylor and I had discussed Harry and how she was sure for now that he was the right decision. I couldn't even get through my mind that she was the one that Harry had been talking about. Taylor hid her past too well. She had an extra layer that I had never even tried to crack or that she would let me go near. It would be unfair to say that I love her or even come close. Harry should be the one who loves her, but he didn't show her the way she needed to see it. Harry had always been the one causing turmoil on Taylor's heart and emotions. So did he even deserve to love her? He was the one who knew her and I was the one who could show her. But she went back to Harry. I wans't happy about it but I had to move on.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask her after a moment.

"Sure,' She replies giving me an encouraging smile.

"Are you and Harry officially together?" I ask her.

"I would like think so, but I can't bring myself back to it. It seems like every relationship that I put myself back in with that man is just breaking me down. I have to come to terms. I know that isn't fair to anyone..especially him. But I have gone through so much wear and tear with him it's hard to say what I really want," She explains.

"I don't want you to feel bad when I respond to that. You promise you'll take this with a grain of salt?" I ask her permission.

"Yeah, if anything I'm used to certain responses,' She tells me.

"I love you," I admit.

"Cory-I,' She begins to speak as she turns to face me. But I don't let her continue.

I place my mouth to hers and I instantly feel my whole body ignite. She lets me hold her face as I move my lips against hers. her arms fall to her sides as she just waits for me to finish. I pull away and she opens her eyes.

"I'm sorry,' She says and tears begin to roll down her cheeks.

"It's not your fault. I just thought that I should let you know,' I reassure her.

She wipes her eyes and continues to walk in silence. I could feel this broken girl fall to pieces literally when I kissed her. She couldn't find the way to repair herself and I wish that I could do it for her. But there was only one person with that power. He just needed to figure out how to use it.

Welp I hope you guys enjoyed. Thanks for reading and votes and comments would be perfect. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been super busy! I'll try to soon. Oh and did you guys watch the movie awards. SHIRTLESS ZAC EFRON AND SEEING MY BABY ANSEL MADE IT ALL WORTH WHILE. Plus Tay Tay looked so cute in her cameo. Sad I missed Ed on SNL though...Sorry for the ramble but I just had to let that out.