Chapter 35

Chapter 35:

Taylor's POV

One year after Harry had come back from tour.

Life seems to work in the most peculiar ways. I am a believer in fate and things happening for a reason. I feel as if everything and everyone has a purpose. I found my purpose was in Harry. He and I were not ment to fix eachother and it took me a look time to see. We were both meant to soak in eachother's brokeness and embrace it. Our relationship had become toxic because both of us had felt the need to fix the other. A change in perspective can make anything become clear.

The moment that I stopped pushing Harry to stop drinking is the moment he realized he needed to step back and do what was right for everyone around him. He realized that my silence was louder than anything I could have ever shouted at him. Because we didn't try to stop the nightmares, they stopped on their own. Just because Harry and I left eachother to problem solve independently, everything eventually fell into place.

We seperated in the months before the baby was born and I began to miss him. But the codependence had to stop. That is why I rejected his purposal for the longest time. But not all things can be fixed in a short amount of time. We only made progress and that was the best for a couple like us. No young girl, especially our daughter, should invision themselves in relationship like ours. We only work for eachother because of the past we shared and even longer than that.

"Taylor, you look beautiful," My mother compliments.

"Thank you! Where is little Darcy?" I ask her.

"She is with her father," She replies.

"Are you going to get her before the services?' I ask her.

"Of course, are you nervous sweety?" My mother questions.

"Yeah for sure," I mumble and she gives me an encouraging smile.

"Don't worry Tay, I know you've been waiting for this day since you first met him," She reminds me. 

"I know," I reply and then take a deep breath. 

"I'll go get Darcy. We'll be front row," She assures me and I laugh. 

"Yeah, it's almost time to walk," Michelle announces. 

She, Cher, Abigail, and Ellie were my bridesmaids. I cannot believe it was my wedding day and I was going to marry Harry. I was nervous because after months of disagrement it was happening. 

Each of them take one member of One Direction on their arm as I watch from a distance. Harry looked amazing in his suit and I could tell he was nervous.

My father than gestures for me to come and I walk with him down the isle. Harry was starting to tear up and everyone stood as I walked past them down the isle. I feel my breath hitch as my father kisses me on the cheek before I went to Harry. I never thought I would be this nervous, Michelle didn't when she married Niall. I thought it was going to be easy but I was wrong.

Harry and I listened to the priest begin the ceremony. But all eyes were on eachother. It was like the first time I realized that I loved him. All of the good made the bad disspear. Everything he has ever done good replayed in my mind as I looked at the man infront of me. I realized that I had come to terms with my fate and I could wed Harry in peace.

We each read our vows and finished the traditional wedding gestures. Finally we kissed and everyone in the church cheered. Harry then pulls me in for one more hug.

"I love you and I am happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you," He whispers.

"I love you and I could say the same," I reply.

Just the both of us, together for the rest of our little derrranged and messed up fate. But at this point I couldn't have it any other way. I loved Harry and I needed to be with him forever.

The end! I hope it was satisfying enough. I want to thank everyone who has voted and commented on both Smoke and Ashes! I decided to end the series here because I can't drag it on any longer because I feel like it will become dumb. So I am sad to say it's over and it was my real big success on Wattpad! thank you all and I love you all! I hope to update Back For You soon and I'll be working on some new projects when I return in the middle of July. Alright, thank you all again I can't say it enough.