Chapter 8: Black book and roses

"Harmonie, I don't know how much you read but I promise I will tell you everything tomorrow morning. I won't hide anything else. You can sleep on the bed. I will sleep on the chair there for now." He tiredly said but I wasn't that patient.

This riddle and puzzle game had been going on for quite a lot of days. It has to come to an end because I never wanted to play a game.

"Sleep! You actually expect me to sleep in this same room with you after reading what in that book." I hissed out.

"Just Calm down." he was totally relaxed even though I knew a war was breaking out in him.

"Calm down! Am I even a white witch as you said I am or was it any excuse of yours to keep me here? You have been watching me for months possibly years and you tell me to calm down. There was a drawing of me in that book. And you wrote that your blood is darker than anyone's and you heal fast. What are all these things? Who are you for god's sake?" I finally asked a question I should have asked him but never did.

I knew some of his characteristics and that he was 'King Hendrix', that's it. I don't know who he actually is. It scared me how I looked at things and acted towards certain things. These problems made me feel as if my sanity and conscience has been taken away.

"No, I haven't lie to you about anything I told earlier today. I just didn't tell you my role in the whole story. To get done with everything once and for all..." he paused, "I am the protector stated in the book. You a white witch and I am your protector."

"What?" I said shocked.

"I am your protector. My duty is to protect you against any harm and to be by your side till I don't know...eternity. I knew about all this when I was seventeen. We share a strong bond that you could not currently feel. I, on the other hand, could even hear you breath. I can hear all your foot steps and your heart beats." He took his black coat from the floor and looked at me.

I didn't know what to say. Yes, he did read something about a protector in the book but I was too overwhelmed to ask him who the protector was. Now, I know and I have no idea what to say to him.

"Were the one who kept the roses?" I asked. I didn't know if I wanted the person to be him but I surely didn't expect someone like him to be the one. And I certainly didn't expect the person to be a king.

"Yes." He replied.

"How? Why?" I quietly asked as he sat on a chair near the bureau.

"Harmonie, not now. I answered your main questions. You can connect the dots now. If you want me to answer hardcore questions, you will have to wait till tomorrow. I will leave, Good night." He got up.

"You keep leaving and postponing everything. We take a step forward only to go back to step one. Why can't we finish this chapter of this stupid story?" I said frustrated.

"You know what, enough with this!" he shouted, "You even see this as a story, worse a stupid story. You also see this as a game when it is not. This is reality, life but surely you don't know that. You have been living a great life when people, your parents, the general...are suffering and dying because of you."

"I never ask you to suffer for me and you have no right to say all that to me."

"Oh, I have full right to say that. It's also not about you asking or not. It's our destiny and do you think if I had a choice I would choose this!" He tore his white shirt off, displaying his bare body. His eyes turned all deep black and most of the veins in his hands and neck were visible. It looked like something was moving through them.

It was scary...I was scared having to see nothing like this in my whole life. He looked angry...evil like he was going to harm me.

He looked like a beast... A monster.

"My veins feel like they are tearing apart, dissolving almost every night. The pain is unbearable. It feels as if something evil is controlling me, leaving me in total darkness. It craves human blood as its hand is stock to a knife. Only that the 'it' I am talking about is me... I have to go through a lot of hardships for the past ten years, still am, just because of you. So, do you think if I had a choice I would choose this?! All you do is ask questions! You don't understand anything or anyone. You don't even know anything except yourself!" He shouted in anger and pain, knocking off a chair on the ground and throwing all the papers on his desk to the ground.

He turned and looked at me. He then grabbed and pushed me to the wall. He breathed heavenly as he looked straight into my eyes. He looked at me as if he was going to rip me apart.

"Please, stop. Don't hurt me," I pleaded and closed my eyes so I wouldn't look into his eyes, "don't hurt me. " I whispered.

"Harmonie..." He whispered and I opened my eyes. His eyes softened then turned back into his original eyes, and his breathing started to go back to its normal rate; he removed his hand off my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being the reason you are like this. I am sorry, about everything. I'm sorry." I whispered and immediately ran out of the room as tears starting rolling down my cheeks.

I heard him call my name but I didn't stop. He was right. Everything he said was right. People are suffering because of me.

I saw the pain in King Hendrix's eyes. I was scared but mainly not because he was going to harm me.

No.... I was mainly scared because I witness him turn into a beast and all because of me. I was scared of what I am, what he is and what he might become.

I ran as fast as I could even though I didn't know where I was going. I reached a door where two guards stood straight and still. I wiped my tears and slowed down. I stood in front of the door waiting for the guards to open it but none of them moved an inch.

"Is there a problem? Open the door." I said.

"Your highness, it is dark outside. Therefore we cannot let you pass. It is the king's order." One of the guards said.

They call me 'your highness' yet if I request they do something they reject and say it's the king's order.

"Well, to hell with king," I seriously looked into the guards eyes, "Open. The. Door." The guard, without hesitation, bowed and opened the door.

I walked past a concrete floor then down to some stairs leading to an iron gate. I didn't know where I was but most importantly I wanted to get away from everyone.

I opened the gate and stepped into somewhere that looked like a garden. There was a huge green bushes forming walls as grass covered the grass.

"Harmonie!" hearing the king's voice, I ran fast.

______________________________________

🌹 Hello readers, in hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

Best quote of the chapter:
_ "I was scared of what I am, what he is and what he might become."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all! ❤