One Month Ago

"But I don't want to stay here. I hate hospitals," I whined, crossing my arms in front of my chest. Jordana shook her head at me. Her long, brown hair was tied up and she wasn't wearing her normal clothing. She now wore normal clothes; jeans and a logo t-shirt. She didn't look herself but without all the vampires around anymore, she wanted to blend in with the normal crowd. As did everyone else. I could barely recognize Reid anymore. His hair was growing long, facial hair started covering his smooth skin, and he was more active and out of the house. He was adapting to the new world perfectly. I loved it when he stopped by to see me, bringing me Get Well Soon balloons and cards. Every now and then he would bring me McDonald's since the hospital barely held human food. And Jake; he was back to his normal loving self despite his little sister being knocked up by a vampire.

"You need to get better before you can leave," Jordana said. I scowled at her and leaned against my pillow.

"Tell me, how am I supposed to get better?" Everyone talked as if I wasn't carrying the seed of a demon. They acted like I caught a cold or something and was here until it was over. No one mentioned the fact that this...thing, could kill me. Maybe it's because no one wanted to think about it.

"You'll be fine," Jordana said. She stood up from her chair next to the bed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Jonan will be here tonight. So, until then, you need to rest. I'll send Jake up in a few hours to tuck you in." She winked at me before turning around and heading for the door.

"Yeah, be sure he isn't covered in lip gloss this time!" I called after her. I wasn't sure what was going on outside this room, but Reid informed me that Jake and Jordana have gotten close. Too close, and I've witnessed a little evidence on Jake last time he came around. Of course I gave him the "Be safe and use protection or you'll end up like me" lecture. He assured me he wasn't going to get knocked up and reminded me that he was the older sibling.

When Jordana was gone, I sighed against the silence. This room was so boring and too quiet when no one else was here. The only thing I could do was watch television and use the restroom. Speaking of...duty calls! I jumped from the bed and crossed the room where my own private bathroom was. The light blinded me as I flipped it on and sat on the toilet. The nightgown I wore was always untying in the back, showing off my pale behind. Reid would always comment on how it looked like a vampire butt; small and very pale. I could just feel my cheeks turn red and the embarrassment roll off me. He would only chuckle and flash me one of his playful smiles.

Before leaving the bathroom, I stopped to look at myself in the mirror. What I seen, for the first time in a week, wasn't Amabell; the young, beautiful small town girl that once was. What I seen was a young girl; hair tied in a bun, pale under the hospital gown that drooped off her body, and no make-up, that was broken inside. My veins were dark blue and showing more each day. My skin looked as if someone rubbed mud all over me, spotting each inch of my body. My feet were bare and my hands were cold and clammy. But, I was human. As much as I felt and looked vampire, I was 100 percent human. The thing inside of me, though, I wasn't so sure of.

I lifted my gown slowly to reveal my stomach, which was now showing a small bump near my pelvis. The veins there were worse than anywhere else. And I could have sworn I was seeing something move inside of me. But, without seeing a hint of sunshine in so long, it could possibly be my eyes playing tricks on me. I held back the anguish and dropped my gown as my room door opened and someone walked in. I gave myself one last look before turning and shutting off the bright light of the bathroom.

"Hey, gorgeous. Brought you something to eat," Reid said, smiling at me and taking a seat in the chair Jordana had been sitting in. I jumped back to my bed and reached over for the soda he had in his hands. The coldness of the sweet liquid melted the dryness from my throat and I moaned with pleasure.

"You are a life savor, Reid." He handed me the Mcdonald's bag and I quickly shuffled through it, pulling the sandwiches out from within. I sat cross legged in front of him on my bed, shoving a sandwich in my mouth, when I caught his eye. He gave me the same look he had many times before when he knew what I was about to ask. I sighed and dropped my eyes to the food I held onto. "He isn't coming."

"He was busy today. Don't get down, Bell. There's still so much to do now that we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders. I'm sure tonight Jonan will pull him along so, you'll see him then," He said. I swallowed the food in my mouth and bit my bottom lip. I knew Reid was trying to help, but I also knew that Jude didn't want to see me. He hasn't stopped by in weeks and the only contact I have with him is through Reid, but lately Reid said he's been avoiding even him.

"I don't want him to be dragged along against his will. I want him to want to see me," I said. I could feel the tears burning at me eyes. I fought them back so Reid wouldn't see.

"He does! He's just..." He paused, staring at the floor like he didn't know what to say. I could tell he didn't, and I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. All I could do was silently let the tears fall, turning my head away from him. Suddenly, food sounded not so good right now. What kind of monster was I that Jude didn't even want to see me?! He couldn't bare to see me because I wouldn't terminate right away...but I needed time. Time may not be on my side anymore.

I hugged my knees to my chest and buried my face in them. My tears soaked the gown around my legs.  "What's wrong with me?!" I choked out. I didn't need Reid to answer that, as he jumped on the bed quickly and wrapped his arms around me, I already knew why I was such an outcast. Reid pulled me close to his side and I buried my face in his shirt. I wasn't use to crying in front of him, and I was trying to stay strong for everyone, but how could I when the one that's supposed to love me wasn't the one holding me close to him.

"Bell..." Reid started but trailed off. He rested his chin on top of my head and sighed. I felt a burden on him, like everyone else. I just couldn't seem to let go. Trying to pull myself together, I pulled away from him and wiped away the tears. I didn't look up at him, just played with the food in my lap. Until...he set a bag on the bed in front of me. I raised my eyebrows up at him. "I'd thought you could use some fresh air."

I stared from him down at the back, a wicked smile crossing my face. I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital, which caused me to be very jittery lately, but of course Reid knew how to put me in a good mood. I zipped open the bag and pulled out a pair of red sweat pants and a tank top. Just holding normal clothes in my hands was enough for me to get excited and throw my arms around his neck. When I let go, I jumped to my feet and quickly slipped into the pants. Reid helped untie the gown and I pulled the shirt over my head. The tight tank top showed my baby bump off more and I groaned at myself. Reid, seeing this, chuckled to himself.

"Come on, I think it's cute," He laughed. Before either of us took another breath, he reached over to me and placed his hand on my belly. My head shot up to him. Since we've found out I was pregnant, no ones tried to touch my stomach. Everyone has been avoiding the wreck that was bound to happen. Everyone thought of the baby as a monster because it was ripping me from inside out. I guess I never really thought someone would want to feel it. It took me by suprise and, from the look he gave me, it did him too. If he could blush, his face would be cherry red right now. I just smiled, grabbed his hand and pulled him to the door.