The Issues

"Kiku!" "Hai?" he blinked as the embodiment of South Vietnam stomped her way towards him. He briefly looked at North Vietnam, who only gave him an exasperated look.

"We have to talk." South Vietnam spoke in a serious manner. "What about?" "Taiji, Kiku. Taiji." There was a moment of quiet before two shouting voices reached their ears.

"It is not about politics or economy or pride!" England and America walked into the conference room, each one glaring at the other.

"It has nothing at all to do with me wanting to be an empire again!" England looked very cross. "Well, what is it, then?! You're acting the way you did during the Revolutionary War!"

"Why's China curled up beside North Korea?" Taiwan tried to change the subject, but the two of them simply glared at her. "Just trying to help...?" she said, hands raised in defense.

"Indonesia~" Philippines came up and wrapped her arms around the man's neck. "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed in a near tearful voice.

Taiwan watched as her cousin began to happily speak with the South Asian Nation. It was a lot nicer watching them instead of the pessimistic scene the others had created.

"... and I am going to visit that village of yours soon! I can't wait to see the manta rays!"

"You'll have to wait a bit. Too much stress could kill them, too."

"Right, of course."

Japan blinked once again as he saw Italy sit on the chair beside Austria, looking solemn and dejected. Austria sighed before giving England pointed look.

The blond immediately ignored America in favor of the Mediterranean Nation. "Feli? What's happened?" Italy looked up to meet eyes with him.

"Wolves and lions are like big dogs and cats." His voice quivered as he spoke and to the shock of most countries, England pulled him into a hug.

"We'll put an end to it, I promise you." England's fingers gently combed through Italy's hair. "I happen to like giraffes and elephants..." the younger country continued, trying to stop himself from crying.

"Yao... You've already done enough, haven't you?" North Korea spoke in a gentle manner, hands rubbing soothing circles on China's back. "They're hurting pandas, Hyung! PANDAS!"

North Korea only continued to pat him on the back.

"We have to stop it!" America flinched as Prussia shouted. "I remember a time when all these creatures were abundant and free to do what they were supposed to do. Live."

Germany only nodded as his brother sat beside him, leaning ever so closely to him. He sighed at the action (but he placed his chin on Prussia's head, anyway).

"How are we to stop the killing for food?" Canada moved from behind his brother to sit beside Romano. "We can't just tell someone to stop killing, say, whales because they're not food for us..."

"Let's put a little education in there." Austria suggested, relaxing only because Switzerland chose to move closer to him. "There is mercury in the environment. The higher up the food chain we go, the higher amount of mercury there is."

"There's a small village of mine that studied about the possible alternatives to killing manta rays." Indonesia spoke.

"We did what some countries have done. Turn from hunting to tourism. There is much evidence that shows the earnings from tourism are much higher than hunting and selling them."

Philippines gave him a smile. "My people have also given out strict laws concerning mining and hunting." She added, snuggling into Indonesia's embrace.

"But what about the zoos, aquariums, and circuses!?" "America." England was giving the young nation a pointed glare. Before he could continue, though...

"I thought being a country meant protecting the environment as well?" Sealand's voice came from beneath the table. England couldn't even find it in himself to be irritated, let alone angry.

"Mama told me in the past there were lots of free deer that were only slightly weary of people. He said he used to be able to play with lots of herds... Can we still have that...?"

The countries all looked saddened at Sealand's words.

"One day, Peter. I promise you." Finland said as Estonia put an arm around his waist. "Are the others with you?"

"Marcello and Wendy are here. Hugo, Ray and Kyle are by the door."

"Alright! Let Operation: Preserve Life commence!" Hungary cheered, causing Liechtenstein to giggle as she cuddled closer to the tough nation.

"I shall put a ban on animal cruelty, da?" Russia said as he hugged Lithuania. "Let's not get hasty, now. We'll be up against multi-billion dollar industries. They won't just take these in stride..." Lithuania's warning was taken into account as South Korea and Hong Kong began to draw out a rather detailed plan.

"Okay. Maria, Banyu, Phuong, Lien, Kiku, and Mei. You've got the small cetaceans." "We also have the sea turtles and manta rays." Indonesia clarified. "And the eagles!" Philippines added with a loud, determined voice.

South Korea blinked twice before nodding. "Okay. Ivan, Toris, Yao, Hyung, Leon and I have the bears." "And sharks and tigers." China spoke with determination.

Hong Kong nodded, feeling a sudden determination. "Yeah! Marcello, Hugo, Feliciano, Arthur, Lovino, Alfred and Matthew have the big cats." "Giraffes and elephants, too?" Italy sounded partly anxious and partly determined.

South Korea nodded at him. "Sure! Peter, Tino, Eduard, Matthias, Emil and Vlad have the otters and the fish." "And my orcas." Iceland gave an irritated look towards America. "What?" "It's your dolphinarium that's capturing and killing my orcas."

"Okay. Lukas, Berwald, Fredrick, Feliks and Raivis have the birds and amphibians." "Could we have the rhinos, too?" Latvia raised his hand as he spoke. Hong Kong nodded at the child.

"Roderich, Vash, Lili, Elizabetha, Gilbert and Ludwig have the canines and reptiles." "Got it!" Prussia was already making a list of what to do and who to track. Germany was helping him. Austria was trying to convince Switzerland to let certain countries into his territory.

"James, Kyle, Wendy, Ray, and Hori have the monkeys and apes." "Add zebras to that!" New Zealand said, giving South Korea a salute as the five of them got to work on plans and such.

"Francis, Antonio, Natalya, Katyusha, Sadiq, Heracles and Cosette have everything else. What?" Hong Kong was confused at their irritated looks. Well, except for Ukraine, who gave an understanding look.

"Other mammals. And birds and plants." She clarified just to calm her groupmates.

"Wait!" Australia took a deep before saying, "Maybe each group deals with what they can instead of specifics?"

There was a collective agreement from the everyone in the room.

"Okay! Let's do this!"