It's Late Again

It's late, again. I don't know how we end up here, together every other night. My head rested on your chest and legs intertwined with yours. You dozed off staring into my eyes as if they were your night sky, whisking you away into dream land.
I can feel your chest rising and falling with every hitched breath you take. My thoughts always gravitate to trying to figure out what your wild dream of the night is, but i know it's pointless because i'll find out the next morning anyway. You love to leave me little notes before you disappear back home. Sometimes they're drawings and sometimes they're poems, but for the most part they're usually tell tales of your dreams.
Your hand is dragging up towards your chest until you made contact with my face and decided to dig your hand into my hair; still unconscious. I nuzzle my head feeling your heartbeat in my ear. I then drag my hand and hug you tighter. That's all i remembered before the sight of you faded away into the dark.
You're usually gone by the time i wake up so you don't see me waking up from nightmares drenched in sweat screaming at the top of my lungs. So this morning when i bolted upright gripping the sheets i was surprised to find your shirt in the grasp of my right hand. It startled you to nearly falling off the bed. My scream of the morning wasn't bloody murder enough to worry the neighbors today which i sighed in relief of, but, again, i couldn't remember what the terrorizing dream was that i had. I always envied and admired you for sharing your dreams with me for that reason.
Anyway, you woke right up and was freaking out to make sure i was okay, but little did you know this was one of the most pleasant episodes i'd had. You were panicking, not knowing what to do for me and you were so confused as to why i was laughing, but i couldn't explain myself and instead fell off the bed chortling.
Then, the next few times you came over were different and you suddenly stayed until i woke up. You vocalized your dreams to me instead of noting them down. Little by little we were together almost every night and the nightmares were still as bad, but it helped waking up to someone comforting me in whatever way they could even if they didn't know how.