Clandestine

It was already 9 in the morning and she was still in bed. She wouldn't have gotten up yet, but the sun, shining brightly through her window, was hurting her eyes. And besides, she didn't want to waste her last day in Paris. She walked towards the window of her apartment - the apartment that served as her home for the past 2 years. She admired the view and tried to take in as much as she could - the beautiful buildings, the wonderful people, and of course, the mesmerizing Eiffel tower.

She had come so far, and so much has changed about her.

She looked different. Her hair had gotten longer. Unlike her previously boyish haircut, her hair had grown past her shoulders. Her fashion sense changed as well. Before, she preferred wearing jeans and shirts. But her stay in Paris changed that, she had grown to love skirts and dresses. She also learned how to use heavy make-up, which she needed when she had to go to go-sees and parties for the brands she modelled for.

She talked differently. She spoke French more fluently than English. Through out her stay in Paris, she had gotten used to the accent. And she gained more confidence. She had to. Or she wouldn't have survived it in France.

She thought differently. She learned to be more open minded and liberated. She had to adjust immediately, so she could adapt to the work environment. In her photoshoots in the Philippines, she had gotten used to being pampered and babied by the photographers. But she learned the hard way that in Paris, she was to do everything the photographers told her to, whether she liked it or not. She also had gotten used to the fact that the French were fond of public display of affection. It took her a while to get used to crossing streets filled with people doing things they should be doing at home.

But one thing didn't change - her relationship status. A lot of guys showed motive and tried to court her. And even though these guys were models, meaning they were good looking and had great bodies, no one caught her attention. She didn't even bother dating anyone, because even though she continuously denied it, she left her heart with someone in the Philippines.

She sighed at the thought of leaving her second home. But the thought of seeing her family and friends again lightened up her mood.

It had been 2 long years. France was good to her. But it was time to face reality and stop running away.

She picked up her phone and made an important call, "Ma? Si Mika 'to, uuwi na po ako."