TWENTY SIX

Camila awoke on her side, her breasts pressed to Lauren's back, an arm around her waist, and Lauren's hips nestled into the curve of her belly. She cradled the heavy warmth of Lauren's breast and thrilled to the heartbeat beneath her palm. Lauren was everywhere, everything. Camila nestled her face in the curve of her lover's neck, nuzzling the soft skin just below her ear. She smiled to herself when Lauren murmured her pleasure and rocked her hips against Camila's pelvis. She couldn't think of a single thing that worried her and would be content never to move from that spot.

Close to drifting off to sleep once more in sated torpor, Camila groaned in near-ecstasy as the faint but exquisite aroma of coffee reached her. Oh God, yes. Coffee.

Coffee!

Camila's eyes flew open. "Holy Christ."

"What?" Lauren questioned, drowsy and slightly grumpy.

"Coffee. Phyllis is downstairs—-in the kitchen—making coffee."

Lauren grasped Camila's hand and held it tightly between her breasts, preventing the brunette from jumping up, "She always comes over in the morning around this time when I have to work."

"Yes," Camila whispered urgently. "But I'm not usually upstairs in bed with you."

"Mmm." Lauren worked her hips a little tighter into the bend of Camila's body, eliciting a startled but appreciative gasp from Camila. "Maybe we can work on that."

"And maybe I can make it down the maple tree outside your window, too."

"Well," Lauren muttered, pressing Camila's hand to her breast a second longer before releasing her hold, "I can see that you're immune to my charms this morning." Laughing, she turned onto her back and regarded Camila with lazy, satisfied eyes. "Phyllis is not going to care that you're here."

"Yes, but she'll know what we've been doing."

Lauren's lips curved into a full, ripe smile. "I very much doubt that she'll know that"

Camila grinned and couldn't resist kissing the beautiful mouth. When she drew away, Lauren's eyes were liquid and warm. "I meant in generic terms."

"Kiss me like that again, and she will have all the details."

"Oh no. Not on your life." Camila dipped her head, stole another kiss, and then slid from the bed. "I'm going to get dressed and try not to look like I spent the entire night reveling in your body."

Lauren sat up and pushed her hair back with both hands, her breasts lifting with the motion. "Did you?"

"What?" Camila asked, losing her train of thought as she followed the rise and sway of Lauren's breasts.

"Revel?"

"Oh yeah." Camila brushed her palm down the center of her own chest and abdomen, unconsciously trying to contain the sudden surge of arousal. "I feasted."

"You did, didn't you?" Lauren Lauren's voice was low, throaty. Her eyes followed the path of Camila's hand over the gentle swell of breast and taut muscles, imagining her own in its place. "Either get dressed or get back into this bed."

"Work. We gotta go to work." Camila tore her eyes away from Lauren's hungry gaze and found her jeans. She tugged them on and closed the fly with trembling hands. Her T-shirt lay by the side of the bed, and as she reached to get it, she felt Lauren's fingers drift along her spine. She shivered and stepped out of touching range. "Do you have any idea how much I want you? Any idea at all?"

Through the mind-blurring mists of arousal, Lauren heard the nearly agonized tone of Camila's voice. Her vision cleared instantly, and she searched Camila's face, startled to see a flicker of pain wash through her eyes. Without another thought, she slipped naked from the bed and quickly went to Camila. She framed the gorgeous face gently in her palms. "Camz." She tenderly kissed her lips. "I never want to hurt you. Am I?"