Chapter 9: Docile

May 5th,1999

10:20 PM

Nearly a month later, Gerard had officially moved in with Dani. Of course, since she had gotten a promotion some time ago, they were able to afford a slightly bigger apartment, but it was still rough. Currently, Gerard was working on cleaning the kitchen.He yawned softly.Dani was showering and getting ready for bed since they had to go to Monroeville tomorrow to visit her parents.Dani had been able to get a car. It was a piece of shit, but still a car none the less. Soon,Gerard joined her in bed.Dani was waiting for him, naked. They had started having sex again since Dani was chill with him and stuff. After they had protected sex, they went to bed.

May 6th,1999

4:04 AM

Dani got up super early to go load up the car.Gerard woke up as she was finishing,He made breakfast and she ate.He just sipped his coffee.Dani smiled at him "Are you excited?" She asks, "Scared..."He admitted."Well, I can assure you that my family is full of nice people and I'm sure that they will like you a lot." Dani said."Are you sure? No one likes me-" he muttered under his breath."Well that's not true. I like you a lot." Dani chuckled. "Just be yourself. " Dani told him and kissed his head gently.They hugged and Dani washed the dishes.

Dani smiled at him. "We should get going soon. We have a long drive ahead of us." Dani said.He nodded softly "alright, princess. " ; Dani did a quick overlook of the apartment to make sure all of the windows were locked and stuff.Once they where all locked they got into the car.Dani got in the passenger side, map in her lap in case Gerard needed to look at it, even though she was gonna give him instructions. It was gonna be a 7 hour drive, so that was why they were leaving so early.

He drove a little over half way before they stopped for a snack. Dani got some chips and a coffee and he just got the same.Dani took a turn driving so that Gerard could take a nap if he wanted to.He only napped for about an hour. He didnt eat many chips,And his coffee was totally black.As they drove,He stared out the window. "Dani?"He mumbled softly.Dani smiled slightly. "Hey." she said quietly, keeping her focus on the road."Im anorexic and kinda bulimic." He mumbled shakily,Blunt,Honest.

"I kinda knew.. I waiting to see if you'd keep lying to me..." she said quietly."I w-was scared you'd leave me...M-Mikey and i have been...S-Since i was 15..."He whispers "H-He taught me h-how-""I would never leave you. I'm here to help you. That's my job as your girlfriend. " Dani said. "Just, don't lie to me anymore, okay? I never lie to you , and this is about trust. We need to trust each other. It's important." Dani said and sighed.He nodded softly "I was just scared... I-im sorry... "

Dani nodded. "It's okay, just don't hide things from me anymore. Okay?" she asked quietly.He started crying quietly. Feeling bad.Dani pulled over and gave him a gentle hug,He just curled up in her arms and sobbed.once he calmed down he went to sleep,Leaving Dani to process the news.When they arrived gerard continued to sleep,Dani and her sister,Cassandra,unloaded the car,Dani waking him when they where done.When awoken he jumped and whimpered."I didnt mean to scare you..." She apologised,He hugged her softly.She smiled"I already got everything inside. My parents are waiting for you." Dani said,He nodded and got outDani held his hand and lead him over to the house.He was shaky and nervous,Rightfully so.

Dani held his hand and lead him inside. "Well look who finally decided to wake up." a man said, supposedly her father. "It's not his fault. I didn't wan to wake him up." Dani said, which seemed to get him to leave Gerard alone for the time being. Dani lead him upstairs to her room. It wasn't really girly at all. It was very simple and plain, the only thing giving it a personal touch was an Alice in Chains poster and her vinyl collection, along with a turntable.