the road trip

Mags POV

I was driving along the highway and noticed how silent the drive is which is very unusual. I stopped at a gas station and looked in the rear view mirror and saw John playing on his phone alone at the back while the two love birds are very comfortable in the middle. Austin was reading his book while his right hand is securely wrapped around on Lynn's waist while sleeping and snuggling to him. I smiled to those two and switched my view to the person beside me. I felt relieved to see she was scrolling through her phone causing her to smile sometimes. I remembered how broken she was when I picked her up soaking wet and right there and then I wanted to kill the bastard that made her cry. I should've been there when the bastard broke her heart but I can't because I know how she wanted to make their relationship work. I gave her the support a friend should but deep inside I'm wishing that those efforts should've been for me if I just took the risk of confessing to her. Along the way, we decided to eat in a food park that we saw and when I was parking John decided to be himself and shouted "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!!" causing chaos inside the car. Lynn was awakened by John's screaming causing her to sit up and bump heads with Austin. I saw Gia's chips all over the car's floor and I accidentally stepped on the breaks. Everyone glared at John and he slyly smiled while raising his fingers in a peace sign. I parked the car and we all went inside. Austin said we should get back to John and said to leave him alone at the food park. I nodded and grabbed the person closest to me and ran to the left while I saw Austin grabbed Lynn and ran the other way. We were laughing when we decided we were far enough we ordered food. I told Gia to pick a seat and I'll order for her. She nodded and left. When I sat in front of her I saw a single tear escaped her lonely eyes and I immediately dragged my thumb to her cheeks to remove the tears and hopefully take away her pain.

Gia's POV

I was sitting while waiting for Mags to order when suddenly the memories of what happened this morning came flooding my mind.

I was waiting for him to arrive at our special place because he sent me a message saying we have something to talk. When I saw him, I smiled to him and waved. I saw him smile but the smile did not even reach his eyes so I know that something is wrong. I heard him sigh and said. "I'm sorry for this Gia but I don't think this relationship is not working and I don't think it will work. I'm leaving the country the day after tomorrow and I probably won't come back ever." He finished his sentence with a sad smile before turning his back on me. I was so shocked by his statement that I did not notice the tears that were coming from my eyes.

I was interrupted with my train of thoughts when I felt someone touching my face. I realized that it was Mags and did not realize I was tearing up with the memories. I felt vulnerable that time and I poured my heart out to Mags.

After my breakdown, Mags was hugging me when hesaid something I didn't think I would agree to. "want to ditch those guys andgo somewhere quiet?" I laughed at first but when I saw how serious he is, Islowly nodded my head and he smiled at me. We walked back to the car makingsure that the guys are nowhere near and got our bags. He left a note sayingthat we will be gone and they can use the car to continue the road trip withoutthe two of us.