choice i make

We left the food park and boarded the tour bus that was about to leave. We found a seat at the back. We settled there with me beside the window and him beside me. We both sleep through the journey without even knowing where we are headed. I rest my head on his shoulder and I felt his head lean on mine.

I woke up an hour after and saw that we are at a rest stop and it's still raining. Mags was nowhere to be and while I was looking for my phone I looked up to see him standing there holding 2 cups of ramen. We ate in silence and I thanked him for the food which he only answered with a smile. I started to clean up our mess but was stopped by him saying he will do it. I insisted though saying I am very thankful for what he did and that this is the least I can do. After cleaning, Mags stayed beside me and told me if I would like to share his mp3 and earphones. At that time I was really bored and it sounded like a very good idea so I accepted his offer. We sat beside each other listening to his songs. For the second time, I woke up from my slumber but this time it was because it was very cold. I peeked outside the window and saw how heavy the storm was and good thing I packed warm clothes and a few blankets for this situation. I removed Mags' earphones and put his mp3 player inside my bag for the time being since he is already asleep. I stood up very carefully to avoid waking him up. I tried to sleep but failed miserably so I decided to just continue listening to his music. I wrapped myself in my blanket and closed my eyes when suddenly there was a loud crack of thunder which frightened me the most. Not wanting to disturb his sleep, I increased the volume of the mp3 and buried myself with the blankets hoping to drown the sound of thunder and rain. With that position, I fell asleep and I thought I dreamt that someone was carrying me and after that, I felt warmer and comfortable so I snuggled more to hold onto the warmth and fell into another deep sleep. When I woke up, the van is already in motion and, I saw Mags had his back on the window scanning his phone while I am on top of him, I was hugging his torso and his arms were around me as if to secure my place and not let me fall. When I realized our position I immediately bolted up but failed to do so because his arms prevented me. He looked at me finally acknowledging that I am awake, smiled at me and said good morning. I returned his greeting and tried to stand up again but I don't think he wants to because he is not letting go. He said I have to sleep more and that I should not worry about the thunder anymore. I was confused so I asked him how he knew that there will be no more thunder and he answered he didn't, he just told me to hold onto him if I felt scared and that he would protect me. I felt a smile crept across my face and I know what I felt for him before was real. while I was contemplating on the words he just said, a thunder suddenly roar which made me flinch and shake in fear, while I felt Mags' shock, I also felt his arms tighten around me and so I decided to tightly embrace him in hope that I can overcome my fear and mend the broken pieces of my heart with him by my side..