i

r e n a i s s a n c e ;

A single heartbeat, a single breath, eyes open

A single heartbeat, a single breath, eyes open. I gasped for air as my body jerked upwards, frantically looking around me.

Ashes.

"W- what..?" I panicked, adrenaline pumping in my blood, making me stand up.

Ashes coated the place, all the life burnt away by fire. Not very far away from her, small pebbles were laying on the floor. My eyes darted in every direction, trying to figure out where I was.

Was I still in Westeros?

It was the egg the Others shattered.

How long it had been since that happened?

My bare feet ached as I limped helplessly to an uncertain direction; I had to go back to and warn them.

But there was no way I could get back from Westeros to there, not in this state.

I kept limping towards nowhere, my feet getting cuts and my skin peeling from the cold temperatures. With cracked lips, I managed to let out a dry sob.

I gripped my tangled long hair helplessly as I felt the dread of not knowing what to do. I've just woken up from death and now I felt I was going to die any moment soon: I was hungry, cold, weak... I fell on my knees and let my tears fall down carelessly.

I screamed and screamed, wasting all my remaining energy.

I layed down, staring at the abyss above me.

I closed my eyes again, not wanting to face reality.

A colossal shadow blocked the sky, but I was too weak to care. The blow of the wind kept me to the ground, unable to make me move against its force.

My adrenaline started to fade away, it felt so good to just lay and watch life pass by...

A pained growl resonated in the air, making a small smile appear. I felt the rough touch of  scales against my face, and the strong metallic scent of blood flood my nostrils.

"Drogon..." I whispered, as my throat exclaimed in agony, "Take me back..."

Screeching, he extended his wing. I crawled my way up on his back, my body landing lifeless as I desperately shelter myself in his warmth.

Drogon began to take off, his wings so powerful, batting away the ashes and forming a blizzard of gray storms.

"They won't believe me anyway if I told them," I mumbled, tearing up.