The Beginning

On April 10th 1992 in Westminster, London, England: Daisy Jazz Isobel Ridley was born.

She lived with her stepmother, Louise Fawkner-Corbett and father, Chris Ridley alongside two full-blood sisters (Kika-Rose Ridley and Poppy Sophia Ridley). She is the youngest out of her sisters (two 3 half-blood, two full-blood).

Her great-uncle was Arnold Ridley, an English actor, playwright and an appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE). He was best known for his authorship of the play The Ghost Train, also portraying the role of Private Godfrey in the British sitcom, Dad's Army (1968).

When she was young, she always wanted to be Matilda Wormwood from the 1996 adaption of Roald Dahl's book, Matilda by how she can levitate a jug of water. Also, she was very hyperactive and a Bad Apple (according to Louise) so she was put into a drama school - hoping to waste some of the energy of hers.

(On Instagram) At the age of 15, she was diagnosed with endometriosis (and polycystic ovaries) which required her to go under laparoscopic surgeries. The condition left her feeling low within her self-confidence due to acne that followed. 

Also at 15, she got a tattoo of three stars on her left foot, one of the alchemical symbol of air on her right hip and a peace symbol behind her right ear. 

When she left to move into her own home, she owned a Shiba Inu dog who is blind and deaf and her name was Muffin (and still alive today!).  

Ridley is left-handed but in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, she eats and writes with her left hand but shoots and uses her quarterstaff with her right hand, showing that not only she's left-handed but ambi-dexterous.

In total she has four trade-marks (showing that it's actually her):

 1) Bright smile with dimples

 2) Warm, slightly low-pitched voice

 3) Slim yet athletic figure

 4) Hazel-green, almond-shaped eyes