Chapter 6

Warning: Blood and violence

Aria could now say she knew true bliss. Every afternoon, she and Steve rode to the inlet. Bucky would be waiting for them. He would fill them in on developments on his part of Steve's plan. Then talk would cease and touch would begin.

She couldn't describe the difference between making love to Steve and making love to Bucky. The first it had been rough and bloody, but there was tenderness in the violence. Teeth and talons marked flesh and drew blood. They tasted of salt and iron. And when they came, it was making the most glorious song.

Steve watched in awe and a little bit of fear as his love and her lover fucked in the sand. Bucky held her in place by wrapping his long tail about her legs. His powerful thrusts drove her into the wet sand. The lapping waves carried her pleasured cries out to sea. When it was over, they both set upon him with hungry mouths and hands to slake his desire. His fear of having his prick in his princess's mouth had disappeared.

His princess and their lover were quite skilled with their mouths. They were naturals and he returned the favor to them both in kind. Their afternoons under the sun were spent half in water, half on land and tangled together. It had only been days but he cared for the merman. And he could tell the merman cared for him.

"I'm scared for you, my princess."

"My minnow, do not be afraid. Whatever happens will be what is supposed to happen."

"What if she takes your life for recompense?"

"I doubt that." Aria scoffed. She nestled her cheek against Steve's bare abdomen. Her hands and feet glided along both her men.

"I agree with Steve, my pearl."

Aria hushed Bucky, gliding her fingers along his wet fins. "We must stick to the plan. I have faith it will work."

"I'm glad you do."

She sat up. "But Steve, it's your plan."

"I'm simply being realistic that it could fail." He cupped her jaw. "I don't know what I'll do without you."

"You will stay here with Anthony. That's what you're going to do. The prince is already aware of our affair."

"We should get back. The palace carriage will be arriving shortly." Steve sat up and began to search for all their clothes.

They should have been more careful. Jack Rollins watched the princess and Rogers cavort with the merman. He stood downwind because after all, he hunted an apex predator. His perpetual frown deepened as he watched them engage in sexual congress. He watched Rogers and the princess dress and ascend the stairs, leaving the merman all alone. He watched them ride off toward Stark's estate. He would deal with them back at the palace.

Rollins hadn't the proof yet that the princess was in fact, a mermaid. But he had the proof of his own two eyes that the merman existed. He set about repelling down the cliff face. The merman would be watching those carved out stairs for someone to arrive. He gripped the rock with the toes of his boots, the rope with his leather-gloved fingers. Maybe once this was all over, the prince would cease trying to prove his royalty and simply rule with the iron fist.

His boots hissed softly in the sand as he crept behind the rocky outcropping. The merman lounged in the sun, warming it skin. He had a smile on his face. Rollins smirked, not for long. He pulled his knife from his pouch and crept closer still, climbing over rocks, keeping silent, keeping hidden. When at least, he sprung over the final rock and tackled the merman, rolling him away from the water's edge.

Bucky shrieked, his fangs and talons unsheathing. "You're the human from the balcony."

"And you're the fish that attacked the ship."