Summer

Beep beep beep
Eren heard the harsh sound of his alarm pierce through his tired, and not yet awake ears. He groaned and lifted his weary hand over to where his alarm was on the wooden bedside table. The boys eyes still closed, he fumbled around on the top of his alarm, looking for the snooze switch. He heard a soft click and the sharp tone abruptly stoped. Eren slid his arm off the table and it fell beside his bed. After many minutes of drifting in and out of sleep and debating whether or not to stay in the cosy nest of a bed he had, or to get up into the harsh world outside, a sudden thought hit his half awake mind. It was his first day of his new high school. Eren threw back the covers of his bed and leapt out, darted towards his closet and yanked out his school blazer and creaseless shirt (which Mikasa had obviously ironed and hung up the night before), grabbed his trousers, underwear, socks and tie. Eren pushed down his original underwear, stepped out of them and slid on his slightly to tight fresh boxers.
"Eren!" Eren heard Mikasa shout from down stairs.
"Coming!" Eren frantically replied as he struggled to hoist on his uncomfortable navy trousers. Eren ran into the bathroom, clutching his blazer, tie and shirt in one hand, and his socks in the other. Eren slid on his socks before he reached out for his toothbrush. He squeezed the white cream out of the tube and onto his tooth brush as he shoved it in his mouth whilst putting on his, now creased, shirt.
Somehow Eren Managed to hurry down the stairs in time to greet Mikasa at the door.

"Your late, Eren" Mikasa droned in her usual uninterested yet concerned tone, whilst holding out a white plate with a piece of perfectly golden toast on it, towards Eren.
"No shit" Eren panted as he grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder with one hand, and grabbed the toast with the other, before he hurried out the already open door. Mikasa put the plate down on the closest kitchen counter, sighed and ran after Eren, 100% sure she knew that Eren had no idea witch way the school actually was.

Erens Family adopted Mikasa when she was quite young and they lived a happy normal family life for quite a while. However, when Eren reached aged 11, his mother sadly was killed in a fatal car accident. Eren was always reliant on his mother for everything and never really had a strong connection with his Father, as he was always either out working, or in the basement. To Eren, his Father seemed to lack any kind of emotion so he wasn't surprised when his Father sent Eren and Mikasa to a boarding school that they spent many years at. Mikasa had always looked out for Eren and ever since his mother died, she sort of adopted the role of his mother figure and helped Eren stay out of trouble ( as he always resorted to aggression in a state of vulnerability or anger).
However the boarding school shut down, from lack of money so Mikasa and Eren returned home.

Over the summer of what was meant to be their 3rd year of high school, the two decided it would be best to transfer to the school near their house and where their childhood friend, Armin went to. Their Father was rarely at home and when he was, he sulked down into his basement not to be seen for days so Mikasa and Eren just get on with life without him.

"Armin!" Eren shouted as he frantically waved at his friend who was perched on the fountain near the huge open metal gate that was the entrance to the school.
"Ere.." Armin was cut off by the force of his close friends hug. Good thing he stood up before greeting his friend otherwise they would have both hurdled into the fountain. Eren clung tightly to his friend as Mikasa pulled him away.
"Hi Mikasa" Armin shyly said to the red scarfed girl.
Eren is surprised to see so many students in one place. He guessed this was where they all hung out before lessons started.
As more students came flowing through the gates, the area became more crowded and some guy nudged into Erens shoulder.
"Move, idiot" came a husky male voice from his side.
"Hey!.." Eren started as he locked eyes with the person in front of him. All anger from within him was washed away with a new feeling that flooded through every vein in his body. In front of Eren, staring right back at him was a pair of beutiful dull grey eyes. Attached to a pure pale face with perfect black hair with a middle parting that flopped just above his eyes in a way that Eren had never seen before. For the first time in his life Eren was speechless. The moment the two shared eye contact felt like eternity. As the short figure drifted his frame towards the school, ererything was a blur, apart from this guy. Eren couldn't help but stare after him. Awestruck, Eren followed him, as if he was a snake being lured by a snake charmer but a sudden noise stopped him in his tracks. The school bell.