Chapter One | The Usual Day

It was oddly enough a quite entertaining day, to see the skies, to walk up and down every way, to listen into the sounds, to speak to people within the area, that was what the residents of Zootopia would do. They would mind their own business, and if a problem came up, they would tell themselves not to give in to it. They would lay it off and continue their paths to whatever they wanted to go down to. However, this was all after one bunny cop and one fox con-artist changed Zootopia.

The fox and the bunny weren't friends to begin with. Those two all had their own paths. One turned successful and the other led down a astray path. Their paths crossed and everything in Zootopia changed.

The saying was true: a prey and predator can be friends.

• • • • • • • • • •

"Present Day Zootopia, 11:00am Friday."

The ZPD was a work in progress police department. It solved a lot of cases, mostly by it's top police officers: Judy Hopps, and Nick Wilde. They were the best of friends to each other. They had all their backs, even whenever Nick joked a lot with Judy. On this day unknown to them, their friendship and heart will be tested.

"Nick, can you hand me that paperwork on your right?" Judy asked softly.

Nick nodded and gave Judy the paper, "looks like carrots is gonna go for a wild ride tomorrow!"

"Nick!" Judy hissed. "You know we're supposed to keep that a secret. We don't want the others finding out, or else they'll think we're dating."

Nick smirked. "Aww, is that what the little fluffy, rabbit wants? A date?"

Judy rolled her eyes as she continued filing the paperwork.

"I'm kidding, Carrots. It's not like the whole internet of Zootopia ships us. I mean that would be strange for us to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Especially since we are different species." Nick grinned as he heard the chief called out to them.

Chief Bogo had been giving out cases to Nick and Judy like the sky getting rain clouds from all over in the Rainforest district, ever since the Night Howler case with the former mayor assistant, Mayor Bellwether as the crime leader.

"Hopps! Wilde!" Chief Bogo yelled as Nick and Judy hurried up into the conference room. "We have a new case involving Dr. Badgerton. He was caught in a camera stealing various type of equipments that appeared to be a generator, and an engine for some type of device he may making for a certain someone. WE as in I NEED you to check out where's he is at and put a stop to him at all cost, as he may be conjuring up a devious plan. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Sir!" Judy raised her hand as did Nick.

Outside, Nick and Judy had their truck parked in a spot that was destined to get a lot of attention and it did. Judy pulled the keys out of her pocket and opened the door. The inside smelled like lemons growing on plants and the engine roared like a wildfire.

Nick buckled in as he turned on the GPS, for the suspicious criminal activity Bogo had told him about. "I can't believe we're up for another case. This'll be easy," said Nick excitedly, as Judy drove out of the police parking lot.

"You sure about that?" Judy wondered.

"Of course, well why not?" Nick asked puzzled.