6/28

Late night in a crowded, smoke filled bar. I look around and my eyes land on you. I sit my drink on the table, unable to focus on the conversation with my friends.

Watching you with a drink in hand and a cigarette in the other, conversing with your friends. You're unaware but I'm taking you in, your every detail. I'm drawn to you. Your brown curls falling down your back, a beautiful figure dressed in the most flattering way. Your legs, my your legs; I follow them, the heels you're wearing making them appear to be a mile long. A fair complexion with full red lips. I want a taste.

I excuse myself from the conversation I'm supposed to be in, crossing the place directly for you. As I approach you, your turn to look at me and smile. I don't know if it's the alcohol I've consumed, but I suddenly feel more intoxicated that a moment before.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but would you join me outside?" I'm able to mutter.

As we converse, you draw me in with every word that you speak. My favorite sight of tonight is making you throw your head back with laughter, the sound filling the space around us. I take a chance before we separate to go back to our respected groups, asking for your number. Obliging, you put it in my cell and lean in. I put my hand on the side on your face, lean in and I taste the jack that you've been drinking. I light a cigarette as I watch you walk away, hoping I see you again. I'm burning for you.