YOU WEREN'T THERE

Later, is when it hit the hardest. When you're all alone and nobody's there. Nobody's there to wipe away the tears with tissues. When all you have is yourself and the silence around you.

So, I do what I did before my heart hurt. I put on the sappy love songs I used to love when my mind drifted to you. However, this time when I heard it, they only brought me tears. Tears that stained my cheeks, and made my eyes puffy and red. Sadly, I was not able to put my head on your shoulder.

When it hurts, my eyes will pour until my cheeks are stained with the pain you left me with. My eyes will redden like how my cheeks would when you did something that made my heart turn into a drum. 

My mouth cry too. It'll try to whimper and scream at the pain. The pain you gave me.

I'll tell you, it hurts. It hurts emotionally, no band-aid will be able to repair my heart completely. Eventually, it will leave a scar. A scar that you put there, as a memory. My brain will be etched with the toxins of you.

How looks could be so deceiving. What was so beautiful was also so painful.

You slowly put the stars in my galaxy only for you to snatch them back in an instant.

You watered the flowers in my heart. Until, one day, you decided to pour acid on them. You watched as the most beautiful petals turned into a dark nothingness.

The beauty of it dissolved. Just like the beauty of my love for you. However, you turned my love into a disaster.

You left me to break.

You watched as I fell. I fell so hard and you just stood there.

Your words and actions deceived me, saying that you would catch me. I'd fall into your goregous tanned arms.

However I was the fool.

I was the fool who fell for you. The fool that fell just to become shatter into pieces. All because I was deceived by what I thought was love. What I thought was you.

In the end, I fell
And you weren't there
To catch me.