Chapter 7

I got 30+ reads! Not a lot compared to others but I am happy! Thanks guys! So as I promised, here is chapter 7!
________________________

"Hey Finn! How's it going?" I asked happily until I heard sobs coming through the phone. It wasn't Finn. It was Pauline.

My heart sunk. I felt sick. Waiting for what she was about to tell me. My bestfriend is dead.

"Pauline? What is it? Is Finn okay?" I asked frantically

"He- he" she stuttered "He has been taken to the hospital, Alaina. He's really bad. He's getting weaker and it's getting stronger. You need to come soon"

"I'll be there as soon as I can"

I hung up the phone and sprung up from the ground.

"Nash we need to go. Now. Finn is in hospital." I said packing up my things quickly.

"Wait? What?" He said grabbing my hand and trying to pull me back to the blanket.

I snatched my hand away.

"Did you not hear me?! Finn is in hospital!" I shouted "We- I need to go now!"

Tears were starting to stream down my face now. I don't know why I shouted at him. He looked hurt. But I couldn't talk now I had to go and see Finn.

"Bye Nash" I said running down the hill onto the busy street.

The hospital was only a few streets away. I sprinted across the road. Not caring about cars, and ran into the hospital.

"Finnley Wood" I said to the receptionist out of breath.

"Room 109" she said

I ran up the stairs taking two at a time. Not bothering to say thank you to the receptionist. I came to room 100 and jogged down the corridor. 101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,10-

I couldn't finish counting up the wards in my head when I reached him. I couldn't move. I was paralysed. I could see him through the room window. His mouth was covered with blood. His eyes were yellow. His face was white.

He turned his head and looked at me. His eyes were glistening from the tears. He looked so vulnerable.

He then all of a sudden brought up a bucket to his mouth and the blood poured out. I felt sick just watching him like this. It hurt.

I walked into the room slowly. Braving myself for what could happen. I walked to his bed and held his hand.

"Hey Alai boo" he said softly

"Hey finney" I said back

"I bet I look gorgeous right now" he joked. It was amazing how he could still have a sense of humour giving the circumstances. That's why I love him.

"Just beautiful" I told him.

He smiled down at me and pulled the bucket back to his face.

The doctor walked in just then. Holding a clipboard and wearing a white coat. He was Dr. Morrison. He has been Finn's doctor since the start.

You could tell by his face it wasn't good news.

"Not good huh?" Finn asked

Dr.Morrison shook his head.

"The kidneys are to weak. Reacting badly to the treatment"

"But he can get a transplant? Right?" Pauline asked hopefully.

"That could take months, years even" he stopped and took a deep breath. "And I don't think Finn is strong enough to fight for that long. I'm sorry" he finished looking sympathetic at us all.

"How long until...?" Finn asked trailing off

"No! No talk of that. You hear me? You are going to okay, you are going to be strong and fight this" Pauline shouted sternly but with a weak voice. "You are going to be okay" she repeated collapsing to the floor by Finns bed crying uncontrollably.

The sight of Pauline so distraught pricked at my eyes and tears began to stream. But I couldn't break down. The look on Finns face as he watched his mother was awful. I couldn't do the same. It would be to much for him.

Finns auntie stood up from the corner of the room. I didn't even know she was there. She was sitting so quietly. She walked over to Pauline and picked her up gently, taking her outside.

You could still hear her cries as she left.

"How long?" Finn asked again

"Months. Or weeks" he said quietly

It felt like my heart stopped beating. I could lose my bestfriend in a matter of weeks. He could be dead. But I had to stay strong for Finn.

But there was one thing I had to do.