Chapter 11

"Hello and Good morning Mooresville! It's 7am and let's kick off your morning with this feel good tune-"

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and got up to go for a shower. It was the first day back at school.

I got changed into a white fashion blouse and black skinny jeans and headed downstairs to carry out my usually routine on a school morning.

I walked into the school gates with Kacey at my side

"So, you glad to be back?" Kacey asked

"No not really" I said miserably "but we leave at Christmas, so let's make the most of it"

"Yeah let's enjoy-" Kacey began to say but suddenly let out a scream as Cameron snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. This is Cameron's first day at our high school. He moved in with me because he wasn't happy living with his step-dad.

"Where's Nash?" I asked Cameron turning around and facing him.

And then I felt hands being placed over my eyes.

"Guess who?" I heard being whispered into my ear. I smiled as I heard his voice. I turned around and saw Nash standing in a blue tie dye tee and black skinnies with of course his red vans.

"Hi handsome"

"Hey gorgeous" he said leaning in and kissing me softly.

"Come on let's go to registration" I said pulling his hand to our home room.

I sat on his lap as we waited for everyone to pile into the classroom.

The teacher took our names and we headed to our first class. History.

We took our seats together at the back of class.

"This is where we first met. Romantic place huh?" Nash said jokingly

"Oh yeah, it's a good place to serenade a lady" I joked back winking

"Okay class, welcome back! I hope you all had a good summer. And I am looking forward to looking at the results of your partnered project" Mr Jeffrey said to the class. Beginning to walk around collecting in all the projects.

I just looked at Nash and he looked at me. Both waiting for a magical excuse. Nope nothing.

"Nash! What are we going to say?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I have no idea we'll just have to be honest" he replied quickly as Mr Jeffrey stood beside him looking down on us waiting for our work.

"Where is your project?" Mr Jeffrey asked sternly looking from me and Nash.

"Umm well Sir we didn't have time to-" I began

"No excuses Miss Jones! You and Mr Grier are on after school detention"

"Urgh" Nash groaned resting his head on the table once Mr Jeffrey had walked away.

"Nash don't worry. The guy that does detention just goes on his laptop. We basically just get to talk" I said laughing

"And how would you know this Miss Jones? Have you had detention before?" He said. Mocking Mr Jeffrey's voice.

"I've had a couple of detentions" I replied smirking

"Oh, such a bad girl" he winked

I laughed and turned my attention to Mr Jeffrey who was beginning to teach. Detention was going to be fun.

The day dragged on but finally the bell signalling the end of school rang. I made my way into the detention room, taking a seat at the back. Nash wasn't here yet, just the teacher and some scared
freshman's.