-seven

POV: Seokjin
I carefully looked at the new boy in front of me. The kid looked quite short, with messy brown hair and chubby cheeks. He looked kind of adorable.

He was staring right back at me so I decided to put the papers on the table and introduce myself. From the corner of my eye, I saw his little name tag which said 'Park Jimin'.

A Korean?

Well, only a Korean would have a name like 'Park Jimin', after all. If he was Japanese, he would have had a name like 'Yamada Ken' or something like that.

"You know Annyeonghaseyo?" I didn't bother to start this first encounter in a conventional way.

"Y-yes. I know more than just that, but yes." he blushed. "I'm from Korea."

"Huh... So whereabouts in Korea are you from?"

"Busan."

"You look quite young. How old are you?"

"Twenty one."

"What brings you to Japan?" This was starting to sound like an interrogation.

"Chief sent me here to investigate on an unsolved case about a mass murderer from fifteen years ago. I'm sure you're familiar with this."

"Yes, I know. And are you going to be leading this case?"

"I believe so."

His answers were very short and snappy. They weren't waffling on about anything irrelevant and they were straight to the point, just how I like. I could tell that he was going to be a very good detective.

I ran my fingers through my hair and looked at his eyes. They looked pretty, and the lighting in the office made them stand out even more.

I knew I was going to like this kid, but I couldn't like him too much. After all, this is still work and my personal life should not interfere with something as stupid as feelings. Distancing myself where possible would be the best and most smart idea.

I told myself in my head multiple times that I wasn't going to fall for him because it would be useless and stupid, no matter how irresistible he may be.