Harry Potter, Lily Julben, and The Resurrection

Introduction:

It was a sweltering hot day outside, and Lily Julben wanted to do nothing more than sit in front of the fan, and stare at the TV which was, at the moment, displaying boring ads for muggle products of no use.

As "Professional results, right at home! No hair, No pain- No No!" cut through the humid air for what felt like the thousandth time, she sighed and turned it off.

Lily clambered up the carpeted stairs, sweaty hands sticking to the polished oak railing. She got to the top- breathing heavily- and rested her head on the banister, squeezing her eyes tightly shut in thought.

She knew it was safer here, and she loved her parents, but she couldn't bring herself to forget how much more fun she'd be having a school.When she was little -before her letter- she positively hated school; it was full of math, and boring science, when what she wanted was spells, potions... well, hardly- Professor Snape, the potions master, was awful.

He was strict and rude and tolerated only the best, and to him that was anyone in his house, Slytherin, and no one else.Snape practically never gave O's (outstanding) to anyone in other houses, and he said only students with O's would make it to his OWLs.OWL stands for Ordinary Wizarding Levels- NEWTs stands for Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests.

"I'm glad I didn't make his NEWTs class," thought Lily, "He was terrible..." Anyway, he died a year prior... killed by Lord Voldemort. Sometimes she wondered if people were still afraid to say 'You-Know-Who's' name, now that he was defeated. Lily, herself, had said his name since her third year at Hogwarts, when she- and she alone –knew the truth about Sirius Black, Harry Potter's godfather and Lily's own uncle.

She'd never really talked to Harry, but she admired him all the same.

Oddly, she didn't feel this way because of all the heroic, sometimes life-saving acts he pulls off.

Not because he defeated Voldemort in his first year, saved a friend from the Chamber of Secrets in his second, then saved Black, or won the Triwizard Tournament in the same year as battling Voldemort and saving Mad-Eye Moody. No, not because he kept it concealed that there was an Order created to strike and defeat Voldemort, or watched his own godfather die.

Even though he had to watch Snape murder Dumbledore, then saved the whole school in the battle of Hogwarts, those are not the reasons.

Lily had walked the school hallways endless times, and passed the famous Harry Potter many.But though people said he was lucky for all the attention, she couldn't help but hear the whispers and notice the pointing directed at him. People thought for months that he had gone mad, because he claimed he fought Voldemort, who murdered Cedric.

They never questioned themselves; how do they think Cedric died? They only questioned the likeliness of the stories, and to most people it was completely out of the question to just take his word. In the fifth year, the year she had that nasty toad Umbridge, he spoke out in class, after Umbridge claimed he was being delusional, or lying about You Know Who's return.

Lily thought Harry had a good point; "Then Cedric just dropped dead of his own accord, did he?" she went to congratulate him after, but that Ravenclaw Cho Chang was talking to him... Lily never liked her much, but then again, she'd probably despise anyone that had a relationship with Harry.

Ripped out of thought by the soft meow of her cat, Galleon - Gal, for short - she bent down quickly, and pet the cat's soft fur. His hairs were a ghostly white, and his name came from the eyes, which bore a strong resemblance to two large, shining Galleons- the wizarding coins of a pure gold color. Tired of grieving about the fact she wasn't at school, Lily decided she might as well study; it's the closest thing she'd get to Hogwarts for the next week, anyway.