End of Christmas Term

Sorry it's been so long since the last update, I have no reason other then not doing it.

So instead of writing the whole year, I've skipped to the first holiday break.

Anyway on with the show...

End of Christmas Term

Diana/Artemis PoV

"Are you excited about the holidays?" Caitlin asked.
"I guess, I get to go back home, so that's good, but I'm gonna miss you lot."
"You can see us in the holidays can't you?"
"I don't think so. I'll probably be backpacking around the US until the new year. I won't even see Perce after a few days."
"Aw, I bet you'll miss him most." Phoebe stated.
"Doubt it." I mused.
"Why's that?"
"I've been living with him! I need to escape!" The other two girls laughed. I was kinda upset that Rachel had to leave a few days earlier.
"What are you girls talking about?" Matt asked as he joined us, sliding his arms around Caitlin's waist.
"Not much, just plans for the break." I answered. I was getting used to being a normal teenager.
"Diana!" I turned around and saw Ms Linsey-White calling me over.
"I'll be back in a moment." I muttered, already dreading the conversation ahead.
"Busted." Matt called as I walked away, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hello Ms Linsey-White, what is it that you need me for?"
"How are you so good at history?" I new that bloody question was coming.
"I don't know Miss."
"Well of course you do. It seems to be your specialist subject. Why?" Maybe because I was there.
"Diana! Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something?" Percy asked as he realised who I was talking to.
"No." Ms Linsey-White said at the same time I said "Yes."
"It's alright Diana, you are dismissed." I nodded in response and ran into Percy's awaiting arms.
"You really do have a nack for that, don't you?"
"For what?"
"Saving me from interrogations." I leant upwards, towards his face.
"I guess I do." He whispered against my lips. I leant up even further and kissed him gently. His body gave off a warmth that I'd grown to crave. I felt secure in his arms, more secure then I ever felt before.
The kiss quickly deepened. I wrapped my arms around his neck, getting my fingers tangled in his messy raven hair. His arms pulled me closer to him, we fitted perfectly together. I got completely lost in the kiss that I almost forgot we both had to breath. Being who we are we don't need to breath as frequently as normal humans but we do need oxygen. I pulled away slightly so our lips were still touching but only lightly.
"I'm gonna miss you moon beam."
"I love you." I muttered so quietly I barely realized I had said it. If Percy heard it, he didn't question it.
After a few agonising seconds he replied, telling me he had heard.
"I love you too Arty." I smiled against his lips and kissed him again.
He tasted slightly of sea salt.

"Guys!" James called.
"What?" Percy asked irritated as he pulled away and stood up straight, I untangled my hands from his hair and turned around so my back was against his strong chest.
I didn't trust myself to say anything to him in case I said something I would end up regretting.
"Two things: One - we've been trying to get your attention for the last two minutes; Two - you have an audience." He answers. I blush cherry red and hide my head in Percy's chest, after spinning back around to hide from the embarrassment.
"Right. And why did you need our attention?"
"Well, Phoebe and Caitlin were saying that as Diana's going away for the holidays and that we should go have a coffee. We can leave now if you want." How thoughtful of them.
"That's a great idea, Diana?" I simply nodded my head, still rosey cheeked. "Where shall we meet you?"
"Starbucks on second."
"See you there then."
"Yep, see you there." James then walked off to the others and they all dispatched, heading to Starbucks.
"Perce?"
"Yep?"
"Let's go please."
"Okay." He took my hand and half dragged, half carried me to his car.

His car is a Ford Ranger Pickup, double cab, in a deep blue colour. He got it in our second month of school after he beat up Jonny, a school jock, for flirting with me. Poseidon and Father's gift.

I quickly clambered into the passenger side and strapped in

I quickly clambered into the passenger side and strapped in. Percy reopened my door, took my bag off me and put it into the bed of the truck, that at the moment, due to the weather has a cover on.

He then climbed into the drivers chair and put the keys in the ignition.

He was about to turn it when he turned really pale and he looked as though dead. A flashback.

Percy PoV

I stood in front of Zeus' throne the entire counsel was there bar Artemis.

Dad looked at me, mouthed 'good luck my son' before excusing himself to do a couple things : like reassure Artemis, who at the moment was waiting in the gardens, and puke.

"Let's get this started shall we?" He and Ares - as if rehearsed (knowing him it might as well have been) - got off their thrones.

They got up and chained me to the floor. A whip appeared out of no where. At the click of his fingers my tshirt did an amazing disappearing act.

The whip came down on my bare flesh. A red mark appeared immediately : BLOOD. I screamed in agony.

This continued for hours, until the chains were taken off and my shirt reappeared. At that moment Artemis came running in, crying. I embraced her and smoothed her auburn hair as I whispered 'everything's okay' over and over.

"Oh Gods, are you alright? Did that one hurt?" Artemis said as soon as I snapped out of it. Sometimes the flashbacks hurt, or reopen closed wounds. "Maybe we shouldn't go for coffee." She continued before I could answer.
"It doesn't hurt yet." I answered in a very unstable and cracked voice. She nodded and unstrapped.

She turned her whole body to face me, then climbed over onto my lap. She started to rub my shoulders which were much more tense then usual.
"Calm down. It's okay. You're gone now. It's over." I smiled a small smile and pulled her down so she was sat a lot closer to me.

She kissed me deeply.

There were no words for how I felt. It was like a small war inside my belly. And yet it felt so good.