Masquerade with Luke

You and your friends were in your room getting ready for the masquerade dance. All of you were so excited because you all had dates for once. However, you weren't that excited because your boyfriend has been salty lately. You didn't tell your friends about the issues you're having with him because you didn't want to ruin the mood. But you and him have been having problems because he has been distant. The thought that there could be someone else has always been in your head and it's been eating you alive.

But you push that thought out of your head and try to have fun. Your friends are doing their makeup and dancing around in their seats with happiness. You begin to smile and dance along with them as you do your makeup. You decide to do a simple look because you will be wearing a white mask over your eyes. You gave yourself some red lips so that they stood out with your red dress.

After the makeup, you started with the hair. You debated whether to straighten or curl it for awhile but then realized it would be better to straighten it. You had one of your friends straighten it for you and part it in a way that brought out your face more.

When you looked into the mirror at your whole look for the night, you smiled. You couldn't believe you actually looked beautiful. You felt like such a princess. You were just bummed that you had to go to the dance with a sucky boyfriend.

You turned away from the mirror and looked over to your friends. They were smiling at you as you smiled at them. Everyone looked so beautiful and you were happy to be all dolled up. You and your friends talked for awhile and made your way downstairs to the limo waiting outside. All of the dates were waiting outside near the limo for you guys to come out.

Once you went outside, your friends greeted their dates. You looked around for your boyfriend but you noticed he wasn't there. You frowned and glanced at your phone to see if you got a text. Luckily you did. And obviously it was from him,

"So I'm not gonna be able to meet you at your house. Stuff popped up. I'll meet you at the dance"

You rolled your eyes when you saw the text and talked to your friends. As everyone took pictures, one of your friends pulled you aside.

" Y/N, where is your boyfriend Drake?" she asked concerned.

You looked at her and shrugged,

"He said he's going to meet me at the dance..."

She looked at you with disappointed eyes and said,

"He's been so flaky lately... are you ok?"

You always liked her because she is the only friend that cared about how you felt. You replied,

"Yeah I'm fine. I might end it with him. I can't deal with him being so flaky. And I'm starting to think there's someone else."

Your friend nodded at you and didn't ask you any more questions about it. She could tell you were kind of pissed off about it so she just hugged you. You hugged for a minute and then finished getting photos with each other.

Within 10 minutes, everyone was in the limo heading to the dance. It was 7 and the dance started at 7:30 so you guys were making good time. As you sat in the limo, you texted back Drake since you never answered before.

"Umm ok? What popped up that you couldn't meet me for?"

"Ya know.. just stuff"

When he said that, you began to get upset. You knew he was lying to you but you didn't know what to say. So all you said was,