Chapter 18

Drunk In Love - Beyonce

Set Fire To The Rain - Adele cover by Tyler Ward

Wake Me Up - Avicii cover by Madilyn Bailey

Michela's POV

"Do you think they have left yet?" Louis asked after a long time of silence. I nodded, turning on the radio. The first song to come on was Drunk In Love, and I almost turned it off before Louis made me stop. 

"No, I like this song. I know how you feel about her music, but I feel like you'd like this song." I shrugged, continuing to aim my thoughts at Harry. There was going to be a big fight when I finally saw Harry again. He would be beyond upset with me, but at the same time, I had every right to be furious with him. Just last night we were so close, so intimate, and then he had to go ruin it with that bitch Hannah. 

The more I listened to the song, the more I saw that Louis was right. The song wasn't half bad. 

"How come you see things so much differently Lou?" 

"I don't understand what you mean?" He answered, keeping his eyes fixed on the car in front of us. 

"Yes you do. Now tell me, all of this is messed up, yet I've never seen you lose your cool, not once. How do you do it?" 

"Well," he began, "There have been a series of unfortunate events that have led up to this very moment in history, and I find that incredibly extraordinary. To think, that if ten minutes ago, you would have forgiven Harry, or an hour ago he would have went home instead to Avery's, things could have ended up incredibly different. We all have paths Mickey, and I know that none of this would have happened if there wasn't a valid reason, so we must go with it." 

"But doesn't it bother you when things go wrong?" 

He shook his head. "There cannot be any rights without wrongs." 

"But what if Harry is a right and a wrong?" 

"I'm telling you right now. Harry is going to destroy everything in his path to have you, but sometimes he gets lost, really lost, and I know what it feels like to be lost. So do you. We all do, but we should also remember that we all appear to be something we aren't sometimes. Don't let the words he says to you distract his wrongful actions. He may not make them all the time, but when he does, they shouldn't go unnoticed. You know?" 

Louis had given me so much to process, but I understood perfectly. "When did you become so wise Lou?" 

"Right around the time you fell in love and needed someone wise." A wary smile traced his lips, as if he knew my feelings toward Harry before I did. 

"I'm not in love with him," I answered. 

"Not yet," he told me, twisting the volume on my radio. The song was one I had never heard of before,  but I wasn't paying much attention. Love was such a funny word that fucked so many people up. Love brought fighting and trust that is easily broken, it was so pointless because so many people wanted it. In my opinion it was unattainable, because there was always a way to lose it. 

There was really no reason to try. 

_____

To my disbelief, Harry, Hannah, and Avery, along with Emilee, Niall and Liam had beat us to the beach. Louis blamed it on me being a shit driver, but I'd like to think otherwise. We carried the stuff from the back of my truck to where the group had settled in the middle of the beach. No one else occupied the space, being we were the only ones who knew it was a real place. Twisting roads and dirt valleys were the only way to get here, and we were the only ones with enough balls to drive through them.