04 Siren's Lament

LMAO Anyone who's a weab would find this title familiar. 

By now you guys would've noticed that a lot of the covers (and many more to come) have my name on it as the author's name... What can I say man... I just like designing whatever pops into my head, and often times there just isn't a request for it :( 

I do think this kinda looks like a sequel (?) to the Icarus cover from before xD If I'm being honest, I wasn't very dynamic with my covers in the past. I focused heavily on the photomanipulation at that time but my font style, placement, etc, were all the same. But I think it's not a bad thing! It's good to hone your technical skills first, and go with a design that looks good (even if it's not super original or unique)! You'll slowly get an eye for more creative covers (though I don't think I'm even there yet LOL). 

Also, here's a tip on how to create more depth in a cover: 

You know how when you focus on an object far away, things nearer to you become blurry, and vice versa? That's how you create depth! If you check out the cover below, you'll notice how the seaweed and jelly fish (on the bottom left and top right hand corner respectively) are huge and also very blurry. That's to give the impression that they're nearer to the "camera". Since the rest of the cover is clear, it makes you feel like that's what you're focusing on (something further away), and the two objects are nearer and in your peripheral vision! 

 Since the rest of the cover is clear, it makes you feel like that's what you're focusing on (something further away), and the two objects are nearer and in your peripheral vision!