Chapter Three

"Whoa, look at this Dipper!" You shouted from across the store, waving a book in your hand. The label was nearly falling off with age and it had that sort of smell to it that you would usually find in an antique shop. It gave you a bit of a weird feeling holding it, but maybe that was just coincidence. After all, you had felt like you were being watched almost the whole time you'd been at the mall. Mabel was sulking in the corner, plucking the bits of fuzz off of her sweater in boredom. She really didn't enjoy this sort of stuff; she'd rather be picking out new headbands.

Dipper bounded over to you, leaning over your shoulder from behind to peek at the book. "Interesting.." His voice was hot on your neck as he spoke, making you realize just how close he actually was. You jumped back, dropping the book in the process. Dipper bent down to pick it up, stopping when he seen that the book was empty. Every page was blank, no words, no marks, just the stains that were always on old books. "I think we should get this. I could use unit to start writing my own journal." He suggested excitedly. You nodded and left him to pay for the item.

"Hey, Mabel. How about we go to a store you want to, next?"

She looked up at you with a smile. "Really? Yes!" Mabel scooted out if her chair, grabbing you and Dipped by the hand. She pulled you around until she found the 'perfect store'. They sold clothing the right size for her pet pig, you found out.

"She's had that thing since we were twelve. I'm surprised it's even still alive, really." Groaned Dipper as he sank down against the wall. Mabel was in the dressing room, making sure the clothes fit her pig. She had snuck it in in her backpack. They were entertaining, the twins. You'd never met anyone quite like them. They seemed really close, as most twins are, but Dipper and Mabel seemed to share a more intimate bond than most. Like they'd been through something together that could have tore them apart forever.

Blinking a couple times, you sighed, leaning your head back against the cool tile floor. The florescent lights beat down on you, making you turn your head so they weren't in your eyes. You looked up at Dipper. "So, what can you really tell me about Bill..?"

The air surrounding the both of you got heavy and regret shown in Dippers eyes when he looked at you. "{Y/N}, please stay away from him. He's dangerous. He did something terrible a while back, when me and Mabel were just little kids." The twin answered, quieting down when Mabel began heading this way with bags nearly covering her arms.

"I got us matching outfits." She exclaimed, bouncing over to you. "Hey, why the long faces?"

"I just asked about Bill. Sorry."

Dipper nudged you. "Lets go to the food court and grab something to eat." He smiled.

The three of you headed downstairs to the food market. Dipper and Mabel were a couple feet ahead of you talking quietly among themselves. You tugged your sweater tighter to your body, the yellow knitted fabric tickling your chin. The mall felt a bit chilly all of a sudden. Mabel and Dipper didn't seem to notice, however; they didn't adjust their clothes at all, nor did they say anything. The {H/C} locks of your hair smacked you in the face and you sputtered, brushing it away. Only when you opened your eyes, nothing was moving. The world around you was completely monochromatic and still. Silent.

You looked around, curiosity in your {E/C} orbs.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite little Curious!" A sudden voice quipped from behind you. You felt a hand slip around your waist, making you spin around in surprise. Although, this time, you didn't see Bill. It was a boy, maybe a little older than you, with golden blonde hair and a little bit of black underneath. He wore a faded yellow tux-like trench coat, a crisp white button up shirt, paired with some black pants. His eyes were cat-like, with a glowing yellow hue to them. Almost like Bills eye. 

"I have to say, yellow really does suite you." He smirked, running his hand over your sleeve. "I told you that I'd be paying you a visit, didn't I? You really believed that leaving was going to stop me?"

Then it hit you. This was Bill. An attractive Bill, but Bill. It seemed that he knew you figured it out by the look he gave you.

"You like the new body? It takes a lot to manifest, but it's worth it! I'm gonna have to stay like this for a while." Bill chuckled, shaking out his hair.

"What do you want? Dipper told me to stay away from you." You looked back at the frozen black and white twin behind you with regret.

"Ah, good ol' Pine-tree. And Shooting-Star, too!" He floated over to them and nodded, his chin resting in his hand. "Not too bad for being almost eighteen. They haven't changed a bit." His eyes looked around Mabel and over to you. "So, Curious. About our deal."

You furrowed your brows at that. "What about our deal?"

Bill was in front of you now, and you found yourself backing up slowly until you felt the chilling cement of Hot Topic's wall press against the back of you. "I think I may have figured out that favor I wanted. Have you figured out what you wanted yet, Curious?"

You could feel the heat rising to your cheeks when he cocked a single dark eyebrow at you. "I don't know yet. Besides, didn't you hear me? Dipper told me to stay away from you. Isn't there a way to call off the deal?"

The sound of Bill's taunting, insane laughter echoed around you. His head snapped down to look at you, his face mere inches from yours. "No." Bill's eyes flashed with terrifying images of things you couldn't quite make out. "Don't listen to Pine-tree, my little Curious. He just wants you all to himself."

"Shut up and leave me alone." You grunted, shoving him backwards. He flipped a few times in the air, grinning. His fangs glistened in the light.

"Whatever you want! I'll see you soon, Curious~" And with that he was gone. The world was back in color, and you were sitting in the food court with a couple tacos sitting in front of you.

"Don't you think, {Y/N}?"

You looked up at Mabel, rubbing your eyes. She had seemed distorted, almost. But after a few blinks she was back to normal, giving you a concerned look. "What? Oh, yeah, sure."

"See! I told you I was right, bro-bro." Mabel beamed. What had you just agreed to?

Dipper looked a bit flustered. "Really, {Y/N}? You think I'm cute?"

Shit.

"W-what, I--"

"Ooh, I so ship it!" Mabel squealed, getting a few awkward looks from the people around you. "Dipper and {Y/N}--"

Dipper slapped a hand over her mouth, rubbing his temples. He stood, his voice deep. "Mabel, please stop. She probably didn't even hear what you said to know what she was agreeing to." He looked to you for conformation, but when you nodded, there was a hint of disappointment that flashed in his cocoa brown eyes.

What were you getting yourself into..