Suicide Forest

Y / N

The days became shorter, the nights became longer. All I could think of was how much I didn't belong.

All my 'friends' — at least that's what I thought they were — stopped talking to me, ignoring my existence. My family doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. They've gotten into habit of calling me a mistake. Which of course, is true.

I flew to Japan, using the rest of the money I had on the plane ticket. I only brought the necessities, such as a rope, a fold up stool that was small enough to fit in my suitcase, and the note.

The note read:

Hi, i'm sorry you had to see me like this. Not a very pleasing way to meet someone, I guess. I suppose if you've found me, I'm already gone. You're probably wondering why I would want to do such a thing. It's because I never enjoyed life. I was a fuck up and a mistake. No one will miss me, that's for sure. That's also part of the reason i've done this. So, I just want to say, thank you. Thank you mom and dad for putting negative thoughts in my head. Thank you to my siblings who always hurt me mentally. And thank you to my friends, for never being there for me. It was surely a horrible time.
Goodbye,

Y/N Y/L/N

It was all perfect. I had it all planned out and I was ready to go, literally.

I'm a 19 year old girl that no one cares about, not even my own family. All I did everyday was sit alone in my apartment in complete darkness. The only light visible was the golden glow seeping in through my curtains.

Music was the only thing to be heard, except for the occasional weeps. I lived alone, didn't even have a pet.

No one would come over, neither would anyone bother to send a text. Everyone lost contact with me after high school and it turned out that it was for everyone's own good.

After awhile I decided that the best thing to do was end it. End the daily suffering that tore me apart. Get rid of the empty feeling and the heavy weight that lingered in my chest. That's what was best.

The plane ride to Japan was quite long, but I slept a majority of it. After that was over, I immediately caught a cab to Fujikawaguchiko. I had the driver drop me off in front of a hotel so he wasn't suspicious as to what i'm doing in Fujikawaguchiko, Japan at 11:30PM.

It was only a 30 minute walk to my actual destination, so I began to shuffle my aching feet on the soaked concrete.

30 minutes passed by and I could see the faint outline of the dense forest up ahead. It was nearly pitch black, the only light coming from the white streetlight that hung over the shiny pavement.

I reached the empty parking lot, only a sketchy white van parked in the darkened corner. I don't bother to take a look, as I trudge directly for the entrance of the Aokigahara forest.

Leaves crunched under my feet, sending chills down my spine. 'This is it' I thought. 'I'm not coming back out' But little did I know, I was wrong.

I had my phone and the note in my jacket pocket as I trek through the pitch-black forest, only a dull light shining from the cheap flashlight I purchased at the airport. It wasn't great, but it was good enough for what i'm doing.

At last I finally made it to the chain. The chain you cross to trespass. Without a second thought, I grab ahold of the chain and swing it over my head, stepping a foot deeper into the forest.