Chapter 19 <3

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked. He never had a close relationship with his mother, he actually despised the woman. She had no time for family, no time for him as a child, only time for work. She was a businesswoman, an intelligent and intimidating woman to say the least.

"Oh darling, I missed my boy," She chuckled, resting her hand against his left cheek. Kai pushed her hand away.

"What do you want?" He spat. She rolled her eyes.

"I haven't seen you in two years, and this is the welcome I get?" She scoffed as she roughly pushed past him. Her eyes wandered around the hotel room, and slowly laid upon a young girl laying in the bed, covering herself up with the blanket.

Kai shut the door abruptly, and slowly turned around to face the two women. He did not want his mother to be here; he wanted to spend time with Acacia. He knew this family reunion wouldn't end too well.

"And who is this lovely lady?" His mother's voice dragged along. It was clear she wasn't happy to see Acacia.

"Mother, this is Acacia. My girlfriend," He stepped infront of Acacia, almost as if he was protecting her.

"She seems a bit too young, don't you think?" She asked, crossing her arms.

Kai turned around, caressing Acacia's cheek.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go change into your swimsuit? We'll go to the beach in a few," Acacia nodded and grabbed her things, along with the blanket that was covering her bare body.

After she left to the next room, it was just Kai and his mother. The tension was high.

"How the hell did you find me?" Kai growled.

"I know people. You forget I'm a very powerful person, my dear," She smirked.

"Well, make yourself useful, and leave,"

"What ever happened to my sweet Mortekai?" She sighed. "Times have changed, especially your taste in woman. Or should I say girl? How old is she, 15?"

"She's 18,"

"Like that's any better!" She threw up her hands.

"You have never been invested in my life, why do you care now?" Kai was getting more and more irritated by the second.

"I've always cared, Mortekai," She slowly circled around him. "You know, I think I've came at the right time. Maybe I can save you before you do something stupid," She spat.

Kai clenched his fists.

"There's a reason why I left. I don't need you, and I don't need to be saved. You're pathetic and a complete waste of my time. I suggest you leave before I call security and have them haul your ass out of this building," Kai threatened.

The woman smiled.

"We'll continue this later, Mortekai. Don't try me, or your precious little girlfriend will know the dark truth about you," She casually ran her hand through her hair, mischievously grinning.

Kai just stood there, motionless, as he watched his mother leave the room, closing the door behind her.

He groaned, running his fingers through his hair anxiously. He couldn't believe this was happening. Finally, after all the drama and getting some alone time with Acacia, things had to fall apart.

"Daddy?" A soft voice spoke. Acacia came out from the other room. She was dressed in her pink bikini and sundress. "Are you okay?" She asked, worried. She saw the distinct look on his face, covered in frustration.

His features softened at the sound of her angelic voice.

"Of course, babygirl," He gave a small smile.

Kai quickly changed into swimming trunks, and grabbed a few towels.

"Are you ready?" He asked, Acacia nodded excitedly.

"Yes! Yes!"

Acacia has never been to the beach before, so her excitement was through the roof.

Kai tried to keep his mind off of what his mother said. He had a secret, and he hoped that Acacia would never find out the truth. If she did, she would hate him and never want to see him again. The thought made him nauseous. He couldn't think like that.

He needed to stay in the present. Enjoy the moment.

--------------------------------------------

Back at Kai's apartment

"I can't believe I'm babysitting a duck," Marcus huffed. His eyes stared down the fluffy specimen sitting on the chair across from him.

Fluffy stared back.

"What are you looking at?" Fluffy quacked back. "Don't back talk me,"

QUACK QUACK

"Oh dear god..." He rested his head in his hand. "The things I do for you Kai...the things I do..."

Marcus agreed to watch over Acacia's little feathery friend while they were on their trip

Marcus agreed to watch over Acacia's little feathery friend while they were on their trip. They would be back in a couple of days, so it was no problem for Marcus.

Fluffy got up, and playfully waddled towards Marcus, and sat on his lap. Marcus raised his eyebrows in confusion. Suddenly, Fluffy snuggled up against his chest.

"You're actually kind of cute..." Marcus trailed off.

As Marcus began to pet Fluffy, he felt something odd on his pants. It was warm. And wet.

"Shit!" He jumped up, startling Fluffy. He tried to dab the duck urine off with a rag, but it was no use. "You have got to be kidding me," He groaned.

This is going to be a long weekend, he thought.