| Life is a tough journey| Chapter 3 |

"Do not frown upon death, for those who have died are being set free"

|Enjoy the music above, sweethearts|

'Eyes and ears open to whom I may meet. 

                                                  Questions and answers, 

                                                                                                    smile and repeat' 

  The  music played sweetly into Paige's ears...well, all four teenagers ears. Gracie was balancing along the tracks of the abandoned railroad tracks. While, Evgeni, being the careful one, walked to the side of the tracks. Ander, also being a risk taker, balanced along the tracks. While Paige just walked in the middle, stepping on the old wood. Paige had her phone out in her hands, blasting music only loud enough for the four to hear. Gracie sang along to some lyrics she knew, Out of all four of them, she was the best singer. Evgeni chuckled as Gracie tripped over her own words. She just sent him a glare in return, sticking her tongue out at him. He decided to take over singing from her, he wasn't bad either. The two, Gracie and Evgeni, decided to do a duet. And so they did. At the end of it, Ander and Paige clapped.

 After a while, they decided to take a break. Sitting down on the tracks, they all put their bags in front of them, Paige had put the train tickets in her pocket in case she lost her bag.

"Did anyone pack food or...water?" Evgeni asked, rolling up his denim black jeans due to the heat.

"I didn't, Paige, did you? you have that duffel bag. Whats in it?" Gracie asked, raising an eyebrow. She, unlike the others , always was aware of her surroundings and what others carry.

"It just has medical supplies, im sure we can survive a few days with out water and food right..?" Paige said, stretching her arms. She found the sound of her joints popping satisfying, while Ander found it disgusting.

"I packed a few loafs of bread, and a bottle of water.." Ander said, taking out 3 loafs of bread and a half empty water bottle. 

  All four of them looked at him as if he was a life saver, Evgeni took a loaf, pulling it apart into two pieces and passing one to Paige. She took it happily, thanking him for sharing. Evgeni started to explain how they should share the small amount of food they had. The three agreed before Paige tore her piece of bread in half and passing that piece to Gracie, who quietly thanked her and ate it in seconds. Evgeni did the same as Paige did and passed that small piece to Ander, who took it in a heart beat and downed it. As there wasn't much water, they decided they would only take a sip each night before they could find somewhere to refill it or get a new bottle.

  Finally, the four stood up and continued to walk along the tracks. After at least, 3 hours. They heard a scream from Evgeni. He kept yelling about how a train was quickly coming up. The three, that were on the track, started panicking and quickly got off the tracks. Except one of them, Paige.Her foot seemed to be stuck under a board of wood. She kept tugging up, trying to get it out. She looked back to see how far the train was, it wasn't fairly far. She gulped hard, tugging harder. Her friends kept yelling for her to hurry up, not taking the risk to go help her. Finally, Ander had enough and ran to help her. He pulled the piece of wooden track up, telling her to hurry up as the train wasn't far and he couldn't hold the wood up longer. Paige finally got her foot out, grabbing Ander's wrist she jumped and tumbled off the train track just as the train was about to hit them. She sighed in relief, letting the wind blow her hair due to the speed the train was going at.