16. To Defy a Vampire

The next day, Deva spent her time in the gym. All the girls were called to the study room for elimination, but she decided there was no point in going. She didn't want to see the brothers either. She was still upset about their discussion. She knew she went over the top again, but they always knew how to push her buttons. Punching the bag and running till she couldn't breathe anymore, Deva swam into her thoughts.

How could they do this to her? Why would they want her so much? It didn't make sense to her. Ever since she arrived, she had been nothing but trouble. But all her hopes of going home were seriously coming to an end.

The brothers had confirmed her fate, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to accept it.

"Dev here you are!" Julia came running towards her.

"Hey Juls."

"Are you okay? You didn't come down for the elimination." She was sincerely worried.

"I'm fine, and I didn't feel like going. I'm guessing you're still a shoe-in for becoming the next queen then since you're still here?"

"Yeah, and so are you."

"Right," she still couldn't grasp it.

Julia smirked. "Tits got booted off though."

"Finally," Deva exaggerated.

"The queen is having a meeting with the girls still remaining. It's in an hour if you want to get ready or something."

"Yeah thanks for the heads up. Hey Juls, how many girls were cut loose?"

"Just one was sent home this time." They began making their way towards the doors.

"So there are only five of us left." Five potential queens. Deva ended her work out and decided to get ready to see the queen.

The Queen was elegantly seated at the table overlooking the gardens. The sunroom was such a beautiful room to sit and relax; it was easy to breathe in. The girls began to fill in the vacant couches resting on the side walls.

"You all look lovely today," the queen said in a sweet calming voice.

"Thank you your majesty," the group of girls responded.

"I have asked you all here to announce my own challenge I have set for you." She stood up with an air of pure power. "The challenges are typically for my sons' to be in charge of, but some things are better advised from a Queen's prospective."

She stopped to scan the girls confused yet anxious faces. "Being a Queen, you must always support your King in every situation or problem that will arise. It is important for him to know that he has you to come to if he needs the truth or needs comfort. It is the King's nature to believe he is always right; but every once in a while, a moment where the King needs persuasion will arrive. It is very important to make him believe it was his idea to begin with. Making him do something he doesn't want to do is a skill every Queen must master. And in other cases, a Queen must stand up to her King in order for him to see reason."

She paused. "I will be throwing a party in less than three days. During that time you must come up with an idea to convince one of the princes to do something they don't want to do or perhaps be the brave one and stand up to them. My sons may be rather hostile, but sometimes they need to be pushed around. So I advise you to persuade them, push their buttons, and at the party is where the real test will be taken. I will secretly keep watch on everything you do. So I will know if you have performed the task or not. Any questions my dears?"

Red raised her hand. "You want us to stand up to them. Won't they be mad and perhaps hurt us for it?"

The Queen smiled. "Perhaps. If you do your job well enough then they won't want to hurt you. How much faith do you have in your relationship with my sons? I'm not asking you to risk your life. They wouldn't dare kill a potential future queen, and I promise you if anything gets violent I will step in." The room went silent. "I have said what I needed to say. The small party will most likely be in two days. You ladies are dismissed."