Chapter 16

Oliver sighs after listening to the recording for the 15th time.  "I've listened to this 15 times. It's definitely her voice. I just... I can't believe it's her."

"We all have blind spots when it comes to family." Diggle says.

I nod. "Laurel's nearly got her killed. Vanch wouldn't even know that she was connected to us if her dad didn't lie."

"I guess the lesson here is blind trust can be dangerous." Dig says. Oliver plays the recording again. "What's the undertaking?" Diggle looks at Oliver.

"I don't know. But with all this talk about threats, it can't be good. You warned us that if she was lying it would be to cover up her involvement in something dangerous. I need to know what the undertaking is."

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"I need to have another chat with my mom."

Me and Diggle are currently watching the news. "So far the police are unwilling to comment, but unsubstantiated eyewitness reports claims that one of the Starling City vigilantes attacked Mrs. Queen in her office earlier tonight. She was unharmed in the assault."

"Excuse me." Me and Diggle just turn to see Felicity, with blood on her. "Can you help me? He's really heavy." Our eyes widen and we follow her outside to her car to see a bloody and shot Oliver.

Diggle carries him inside and sets him down in the table. "Oh, damn it. He just missed a carotid. It's a zone two wound. Press there." Dig orders. I immediately follow his orders.

"I should have taken him to the hospital."

I shake my head. "No, you were right to take him here. The cops would have asked how and why he got the wound."

"I'm guessing how and why are Oliver Queen's least favorite questions."

"Yeah, well, there's also when and where, he's not too fond of. So if we can't bring him to the hospital... We bring the hospital to him." Diggle brings out a bag of blood.

"Is that..."

"His blood? Yeah. We stored our blood in case of a day like this." I say.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Felicity asks.

"Yeah, I had some medical training in the army. I just hope it's enough. Remember playing "Operation" when you were a kid?"

"Yes. And it never made me wanna throw up."

I look at Felicity. "Don't worry. Oliver will be fine, he's been through way worse. This is pretty much a few bruises compared to what happened on the island."

Lian Yu
I was currently sitting in a tree. I was looking out for any men. "Hey, Merlyn!" I jump at the voice and fall off the branch I was sitting on. On my way down I grab a sturdy branch. I hear a laugh. I look down to see Oliver. He gave me a worried look. Slade had a smile on his face. I drop down since it wasn't that far.

I glare at Slade. "I hate your guts."

"Good. Use that hate for when you see any of Fyers men." Slade starts walking.

I look at Oliver. "You know I never thought I'd say this, but I miss my dad's nagging."

"I didn't think you'd ever say that either." We both laugh and follow behind Slade. "Do you think I'll be ready in time?"

"Yeah, I do. I know how much you wanna get back to Laurel."

"She's gonna hate me."

"Probably. But I think you can win her back. I mean you're the infamous Oliver Queen." Oliver smiles weakly. "You'll get Laurel back and I'll get my sweet alcohol back."

Oliver laughs. "You know, with you being such a badass I totally forgot about your problem."

"It's not a problem!"

"Caitlin, everybody knows you're an alcoholic. You might as well accept it."

I laugh slightly. "Yeah, but it's not like I do anything stupid when I'm drunk."

"Oh, yeah? I remember on your 21st birthday and you--"

"Oliver, don't you dare finish that sentence. You promised not to speak of that night ever again." Oliver raises his hands in surrender.

"Okay, okay." We're both quiet for a moment.

"I miss Tommy."

Oliver looks at me. "Don't worry. You'll get to see Tommy. Then you two can go to all the parties you want."

"Yeah, my overprotective older brother will definitely go partying with me."

"Good point." We both chuckle. Then we get back to the plane. Slade and Oliver go over the plan I've heard a million times. I lay down to go to sleep. I'm coming Tommy.

I look around. I was in a field surrounded by bodies. Everyone body gets up slowly. "You killed us. Why?" They all say, a dead look in their eyes.

"You're a monster." I turn my head to see Tommy.

"Tommy--"

"You killed so many people. Where did my little sister go? The party girl. The alcoholic. The druggie. My best friend. The woman who was kind and loving like our mom." I look down in shame.

When I look up again I see mom. "Sweetie...how could you do this?"

"Mom, I had to. It's survival."

"No, you went looking for them. Hunting them. You're a hunter. You show no mercy. My daughter isn't a killer. She never would have hurt a fly. Let alone kill people." God, she was right. I was a killer. But I couldn't let it get to me. I just had to think of one thing. Survive. Easier said then done. I wanted to only think of surviving but I always think the same question. "What would Tommy think? What would mom think? Dad? Laurel? Me before mom died?" The answer? They would all be horrified. The girl who could never hurt a fly is now a killer.

"I'm sorry, mom."

I shoot up. Oliver and Slade were still asleep. I sighed. It was just a dream. I had to quit letting this get to me. It was messing with me and that was not okay. I lay back down and try to you back to sleep.