Mornings || River Phoenix

YOU SMILED AS you sleepily admired the man besides you

YOU SMILED AS you sleepily admired the man besides you. It was morning, and from the way the light filter in between the curtains of the bedroom, you felt like it would be a beautiful day. You couldn't help but to feel such adoration and warmth when you looked at River, he was the love of your life.

And because he was the love of your life, you wouldn't wait for him to wake up and celebrate his birthday with him. But for now, you were content with tracing his face with your index finger or brushing your fingers through his blond locks. After while, the birthday boy himself had awaken, and you were taken away by the vibrant color of his eyes.

"Good morning, [Name]." He sleepily murmurs, giving you a quick kiss, smiling into it.

Once you pulled away, you mumbled softly, "Happy Birthday, River. I love you so much."

The smile he wore just grew a tad bit bigger at your words, "I love you too."

Even after all these years of dating him, you couldn't resist the urge to blush. He just made you feel so incredibly special, it was simply a feeling that couldn't be described. One day, you'd hope to be married to him.

For half an hour longer, the two of you stayed in bed, snuggling into each other's embrace. It was a peaceful moment, until you became restless with excitement.

Sitting up on the bed, you asked, "Ready to celebrate your birthday, River? I have the whole day planned out! I even invited your family!"

River was smitten over you, and he admired your excitement for today. He couldn't wait to spend the day with you and his family.

"Anywhere with you—I'm happy." River replied, never feeling more in love than he did with you right now. He hoped to marry you one day. But for now, he just wants to lay a few more minutes in bed with you, absorbing up the morning beauty.

•••
Happy Birthday, River. We love and miss you.