25 ➸ broken

twenty five ; broken

HARLEY

Sunshine poured through Audrey's blinds, bright enough to make me groan and turn the other way, facing Audrey. She was sound asleep, hair falling perfectly in front of her face as I watched her chest rise and fall. At some point in the night she had stripped off her clothes, probably because she didn't want me to feel like I was the only one.

She fluttered her eyes open, smirking as soon as she saw me looking at her. She loved to brag every time we had sex. She knew what she was doing, but she still loved the reactions I gave her.

"Good morning, darling," she whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled when her lips touched my forehead, letting out a happy sigh and scooting closer to her. "I love you," she promised. "I could never get tired of saying it. I love you, so much."

"Yeah, well, I love you more," I giggled. She smiled at me, tucking my hair behind my ear and shook her head slightly. "It's not possible for you to love me more than I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you. After Gina, I promised myself I wouldn't love anyone ever again. Yet here I am, loving you more than I thought I'd ever love someone."

"Okay, fine. You win, my dear," I giggled sleepily. Audrey continuously smirked at me, and I had wondered why, until I had realized that the two of us were still lying here, naked.

I ignored the thought as she snorted at the sudden blush on my face, hiding it in my palms.

I threw on some clothes as her phone rang, and she answered it with a slight angered face. As I finished putting on my pants, I turned around to see her hang up, looking slightly lost.

"What's wrong?" I asked, leaning against the headboard of my bed and pulling her to sit next to me. "Its him," she sighed, placing her head on my shoulders. "He's taunting me, as usual. He sent me a video of us last night."

I sighed, rubbing her back to comfort her, but on the inside, I was completely terrified. Lately with her I sort of forgot that there was a killer after all of us, for the third time. I was terrified of him, and the reminder that he's out there made my skin crawl. He took away the progress I made with my water fear, and he tried to terrorize me with it. You can't let him win.

"I'm so scared," I admitted, breaking down into a fit of sobs as she pulled me into her arms. "It's okay. I'm not gonna let that mother fucker hurt you again."

______

I sat with one leg over the other in the grindhouse, drinking my coffee and eating a blueberry muffin. Audrey would be pissed if she found out that I was here alone, but oh well. I need to feel normal. I'm tired of feeling like a psychopath.

"What's that?" I hear from next to me, before I feel someone take a thick strand of my hair and twirl it between their fingers. I look over, seeing Briana. "I'm not in the mood."

"No? Well, I am. So, stand up, bitch," she said, taking my muffin and crushing it in her hand. My blood was boiling. I knew that if she didn't leave me alone, i'd snap. I was begging for her to leave, for her sake, not mine. I can't be the headline news for having another meltdown. One was enough this week.

"Walk away. You don't want to mess with me right now," I said, sternly. "Or what? You gonna beat me up the way I did to Audrey? Everyone knows you're weak after nearly being murdered—"