36: Three Months

For the past three months Sydney would whined up dragging you down to the cafeteria for lunch.

The place was always packed full of kids. And it was worse when they all sat in their cliques. If you didn't belong, you'd have to eat in the dorms. That was worse.

Sydney always pushed you into her clique. A group full of girls with obviously colored hair, fake piercings, and over the top emo band t-shirts. They were on the subject of anime. It was a topic you enjoyed but you were to introverted to speak up.

You finished your chicken salad sandwich and cleaned up your mess. Sydney glanced at you, knowing you where headed back to the dorms.

This had happened so many times that the fact that Sydney didn't acknowledge you leaving started to get normal. The first few weeks Sydney would give you puppy dog eyes and beg you to stay with her friends. She only stopped after you confronted her about it later.

Your dorm was like a tiny living space. One side was yours and the other was Sydney's. She had packed way to much stuff on her side, so she had stacks of boxes and an over the top bed frame. (You know, the ones with that bunk-bed like thing with the bed on top and the desk at the bottom.) It had to have been sitting there for three months.

Yup. Three months. Three months of college. Three months of Sydney. Three months from home. Three months from Sean.

You two have messaged each other a few times but neither of you had enough time to meet up for lunch. You really needed a movie night right about now.

Your messy twin sized bed was calling your name. All 15,000 (not really) of your pillows where stacked in a junky manner in the corner where both walls met the corner of your bed. It was where your head rested as you slept.

You flopped down face first into the pile of pillows. The thought of Sean spinning in your head.

Sean's POV

My apartment felt lonely once Raspberry moved into the dorms. But I've gotten used to it.

Sometimes I'll be an idiot and forget, just to open the door to the room she used to have and find it empty.

I've thought about messaging her a few times but I always assume she's busy with school. She said she would text me when she could hangout. She hasn't.

Most of our text conversations are us talking about hanging out but never do. I invited her one time to a coffee shop with me but school had taken over her life.

I thought about messaging her now. What would I say? Would she even answer? Would she have time to talk? Would we actually meet up?

I didn't want to risk it but I really missed her.

I glanced over at my phone.

This was going to be a bad idea.