Teachers and Student.

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it."
- - -

Danny sat in ghost form, floating next to Clockwork. He was supposed to be meditating. But meditating was dreadfully boring. He peeked one eye open and glanced at the Ghost beside him. It had only been a week since he'd escaped the labs and he was still a little worried. Nightmares had been haunting him every night. But at this very moment he was bored. Very bored. He made a face at the Ghost of time.

"If the wind changes it may stay that way." Clockwork said without opening his eyes. Danny frowned and looked up at the roof of the clock tower that was Clockwork's home. Guy liked clocks.

"I'm bored." Danny mumbled. You'd think he'd have more patience, he'd only been 'meditating' for about 5 minutes, but he'd spent the last year cooped up in a cell only being let out for experiments. He was just a little bit eager to move around. Instead Clockwork told him to meditate.

"Meditation is the key to patience, something of which you lack." Clockwork replied.

"Okay, fair point. Counter point, I've been inside for days now, actually more than days of you count the lab. I want to go outside." Danny huffed. Clockwork finally opened his eyes and looked at Danny. It was true the boy was practically buzzing with energy.

"Very well. I will take you to a friend." Clockwork decided floating to the door. Behind him Danny silently cheered. Clockwork had set up shop in this alternate timeline's stream. The other Danny's and those associated with them shouldn't come in contact with each other and so even though he'd have liked to whisk Daniel away to a better time line it was safer to keep him in this one.

Danny trailed behind Clockwork as they left the tower and floated through the Ghost Zone. He was still impressed with how they got in. A werewolf like ghost had used his own kind of portal, Danny guessed Clockwork had wanted to avoid going into the Fenton house, which Danny was glad about. He didn't want to see Maddie and though Jack hadn't been present Danny was sure he felt the same. Every time he thought about it his heart ached. He noticed the air had gotten colder and decided it might be best to pay attention to his surroundings. They were in a snowy mountain like haunt, that's what Clockwork called inhabited islands in the GZ. "Woah, cool, snow day." Danny said scooping up some snow with his bare hand. "Can ghosts get frostbite?"

"Someone call for me?" Danny's jaw dropped at the sight of the massive furry ghost with an arm made of ice.

"Daniel, this is Frostbite." Clockwork explained and though his face was neutral Danny could tell Clockwork was amused, he had a twinkle in his eyes.

"Is this the Great One?" The yeti, since that's all Danny could think he was, called Frostbite asked.

"Yes, it is him." Clockwork watched as Danny metaphorically swelled with pride. His mouth tugging upwards in the corner slightly.

"He's a bit small." Frostbite added and both ghosts watched that pride deflate. Danny scratched the back of his neck nervously before holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Daniel, but I prefer Danny. Daniel makes me sound like an old guy in a suit." Danny explained. He winced when Frostbite grasped his hand in a massive paw and shook Danny's entire body up and down. Once the yeti let go Danny's head spun trying to navigate which way was up and where his stomach was.

"It's an honour to meet you Great One." Frostbite said cheerfully. Danny lowered from floating to plant his feet on solid ground.

"Just Danny is fine, Mr Frostbite." Danny said shuffling his feet in the snow, he loved the snow.

"There is no need for formalities with me Sir Daniel. I am to be your secondary mentor. While you are an apprentice to Sir Clockwork, I will be a teacher in two areas. But for now just one. And that is combat." Frostbite explained. Danny looked both interested and worried.