Chapter 9

Harry sat in Dumbledore's office once again listening to the Headmaster lecturing him about revealing the father of his baby. This afternoon's apparent Demon attack had brought on a tirade that, so far, was easily twice as long as any of the others.

Remus had been shocked at first to learn the stories in the paper were true but now even he looked bored. His red-headed companion just looked impassive.

He sighed.

"Am I boring you Harry?" Dumbledore looked at him from over the top of his half-moon glasses.

"Ummm...yes actually."

The old man's eyes got wide, "I beg your pardon?"

"I said 'yes actually', you are boring me and annoying me too, for that matter. What makes you think that badgering me about this is going to get you what you want? I've told you, over and over to mind your own business. I'll tell you what I want you to know when I want you to know it and not before. At this point it's becoming more of a question of if I'll ever tell you anything!"

Harry stood and started pacing.

"I mean, I can't believe this! How dare you! You just want to know who I'm having sex with so you can tell everybody else. You don't want to know to make sure the guy doesn't work for Voldemort. You don't want to know so you can protect me or him, you just want to know! Well you know what?" Harry stopped and looked Dumbledore straight in the eye, "Piss off!"

With that the brunette stormed from the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remus found the boy, the young man really, three hours later in a window seat in one of Hogwart's many unused towers. It was a telling thing about the status of the Wizarding World that the castle was now so empty in modern times when it had been so full in years past.

"Hello Harry."

"Hi Remus."

The werewolf sat at the other end of the window seat and noticed the Slytherins on the Quidditch pitch.

"Spying Harry? Sirius would be so proud."

The younger man gave a small, sad smile, "Maybe just a little."

"So I suppose congratulations are in order?"

Remus was relieved to see a joyful smile appear on Harry's face. He'd only seen that expression a handful of times and something in him relaxed to know this baby was the cause of at least one of them.

"When are you due?"

"Madame Pomphrey says probably the first week of January."

"Do you know the sex yet?"

"No, and I won't until it's born. All the magic required to sustain a male pregnancy plays havoc with a lot of spells, including most of the medi-spells and makes it impossible to tell, even using Muggle means."

"Oh really? I didn't know that."

Harry grinned. "Yeah, I've got a bunch of books on it, and I'm even reading them."

Remus laughed at that.

"So tell me about Oz."

"Well he's American and a werewolf."

"Where did you meet an American werewolf?"

"He's been traveling around the world since he was bitten, learning about werewolves. I came across him in one of the smaller communities of bite victims – he's found a way to control his beast Harry!"