Chapter 17

"William," Harry cried between moans and panting breaths.

The vampire in question rolled his eyes up to watch his mate writhe above him. Spike knelt on the floor of the train cabin between Harry's knees, tending to the Gryffindor's... needs.

"William... please... oh... I'm-" and then Harry was coming.

Sprike growled in approval as he swallowed his mate down. The brunette slumped back in the seat, eyes closed and chest heaving.

The demon and the soul both agreed unequivocally – their mate was the most beautiful thing they'd ever seen; flushed and mussed as he was.

Carefully Spike put his mate back together, fastening his pants and buckling his belt. Then he took the young man in his arms and settled back into the bench sideways with Harry sprawled across him, already asleep.

This last week had been glorious. He had taken his mate from the Great Hall to his own quarters after Fudge's failed coup and only released the brunette for classes.

Harry's need for sleep was increasing almost daily and it was good that the Christmas Holidays were starting today. So far his mate could pick and choose his nap times – to an extent – but that would change very, very soon.

Spike growled softly when the handle to their compartment jiggled but didn't open. They were sharing the train with all of the students returning home for Christmas and after four different groups of rowdy teens had stumbled into their compartment, the vampire had jammed the lock in frustration... much to Harry's amusement.

He rubbed his chin against his mate's silken curls and remembered Xander at Harry's age, big as an ox and clumsy as one too. At sixteen the Scooby had already been a head taller than Spike and he'd only gotten bigger. Harry might gripe about it but personally Spike liked his mate's small stature. The Gryffindor was all grace and beauty and innocence...

Lacing the fingers on his right hand with those on Harry's left he ran his thumb over delicate knuckles. A ring... his Little Lion needed a ring. Perhaps his mother's ring, or should it be something new?

Despite Gideon Malfoy's misdeeds, Spike's mother had instilled a healthy dose of family pride into her son but while part of him longed to see a Malfoy wedding band on his mate, another part of him wanted a symbol of their union as unique as his Harry.

The train began to slow but Spike stayed where he was. It would take at least thirty minutes for all of the children to clear out and then their Auror escort would come for them.

Buffy and the others were in the compartment across the aisle – a non-sun proof one – to help with any demonic trouble while the Aurors would handle the Wizards. Tightening his arms around his sleeping Lion he prayed nothing went wrong tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty minutes to show time on Saturday, Spike stood behind Harry messaging the teen's shoulders as they went over the last few details with their new Public Relations person, a Mister Silvers. Lucius had contacted the Wizard first thing last Saturday morning and they'd been communicating by owl all week.

"Well Gentlemen, that's everything. The Press representatives have been made aware of what questions you are and are not willing to answer but remember the audience has no such restrictions on them. You don't have to answer their questions but think about it before you say 'no comment.' A few tidbits here and there will likely placate them and prevent them from hounding you."